Planning

N I C O 

I've been thinking recently about this whole fantasy of mine of me and Lia becoming a couple. I think once I tell her all the benefits we both could get from a relationship, she'll instantly agree.

I've never thought of having kids but I knew it'd happen eventually if I keep fucking random people and believing them when they say they're on the pill. I'm sure once she finally stops trying to play hard to get and be my girlfriend we'll be on the top of the mafia world, even Kadence. After all, he is the heir of the Italian mafia.

Today she's coming over to get our help with planning Kade's second birthday party. I don't understand what there is to plan, all there is to do is throw some banners and balloons all over the yard, buy a cute cake or cupcakes, and call it a day. It's not like he'll remember it anyway.

But she's still coming over so that's a plus.

I'm still a bit upset she actually slept with the girl Carter instead of me. I mean what does she have that I don't? I'm just hoping they were just kidding and didn't actually fall through with the plan to do it.

Maybe I should be extra nice to her today and get on her good side. I'll need to start being super sweet now to help our relationship out in the long run. I just hope she falls for me the way I'm falling for her. Or maybe I should stick to being my normal self, she'll have to get used to it if she's going to be married to me.

I also hope that she doesn't hold a grudge over me just because I'm running our mafia for now unless she decides she wants to be the official Donna later on. I think we both know I'd be better for the title, so I don't understand what she's upset about.

"Nico!", Ma says while waving her hand in front of my face.

"What's on your mind? I've been calling your name for a whole minute.", she told me.

"Nobody.", I said looking back at my phone.

"Oh, so you're thinking about someone, not something.", she smirked.

"It doesn't matter Ma, it's not important.", I told her dismissively.

"Call Elliana unimportant again and I'll smack you in the back of the head for her parents and myself.", she said sternly raising her hand.

"How'd you even know I was talking about her?", I asked curiously. This lady knows everything.

"Well for one, you just confirmed it, and two, you've been thinking about her since you two were arguing.", she answered going back to what she was doing on her phone.

"Well...you're not going to give me a pep talk or anything?", I asked after waiting a few minutes for her to put her phone down.

"No. If you actually like her for who she is, then you'll get to know her yourself and do what you think is right for the two of you. Whether that is being friends or starting a relationship is up to the both of you, not just you because you feel a certain way towards her.", she told me strictly with a stern face.

"Okay.", I say before going back on my phone.

"I'm being serious Nico. I know how you like to switch up every other week, be careful with this one because she's important.", she reminded me.

"I know Ma.", I reassured her before hearing her sigh and leave the kitchen where I stayed and decided to look for a snack.

"Hey Nicky boy.", Tristan teased making the boys laugh as he walked into the kitchen with David, Enzo, Luca, and Wade who was holding Kade.

"Shut up dumbass.", I rolled my eyes at his annoying comment.

"Watch what you say around him, Nico.", Wade scolded me as he sat Kade on the counter and moved to the refrigerator where he grabbed two yogurts.