Chapter 29

No one's POV

Alex looked at Dana a bit surprised before he walked towards her and passed as he went to go check on Adam.

Alex arrived in the living room and saw Desmond sitting there as he turned to Alex.

"Hey dad." Adam said and Alex walked to him sitting next to him.

"Son are you alright?" Alex asked and Adam nodded.

"Yeah my head hurts a little though." Adam said and Alex nodded.

"Yeah that happens sometimes when you consume someone and you see there memories." Alex said.

Adam looked at his father as he smiled a bit and hugged him tightly.

Alex was confused before he smiled and hugged him back.

"What's this for?" Alex asked him confused.

"For being my dad..."

Alex and Adam stayed like that for a bit before they pulled away from each other as Lucy walked in with Eve.

"Adam I'm glad your awake." Lucy smiled and Adam giggled a bit before he stretched a bit.

"I'm a little stiff though." Adam said and Alex chuckled.

"Well I know a way we can get rid of it." Alex said as he turned to Lucy and walked to her as he whispered into her ear.

Lucy looked at him as if in thought for a bit before she nodded.

"That doesn't seem like a bad idea." She said.

"What's the idea?"

"I was thinking maybe we could take a small walk around the neighborhood and then maybe after we could test out just how much you learnt from me." Alex said smiling as Adam nodded.

"That sounds like a lot of fun." He giggled a bit.

Alex smiled at this because now he knew, even though Adam had consumed him and seen what he had seen, he still remained a child which made him thankful.

Eve babbles and giggled as she was given to Alex who chuckled.

"Heh...the big bad virus...a father, man those military guys would have a field day with this." Alex chuckled.

They had gotten ready for the walk as Alex put Eve in a stroller and made sure she was secured before he turned to Mary.

"We'll be back in a bit." He said and Mary nodded.

"Be safe." She said and they nodded before they left the house together.

The suburb that the family had lived in was a relatively peaceful one with little to no military in the area of it.

"Guess military would never think of searching here." Alex said and Lucy nodded.

"Well the virus originated in New York city so they would focus more man power in searching there and not in a place where no virus activity has been made known by the people." Lucy said and Alex nodded.

"You're right."

Adam looked around in the place in wonder.

He couldn't remember the last time he had seen a place like this before, he was one of a few children who were used in the experiment as he turned to his new sister.

When he first met her it was after he was being tested on and she was there having been a new arrival to that damned lab facility.

He felt the need to protect her from the horrible reality that was the world and since then he planned his escape.

Thanks to the virus and consuming some scientists even though he suffered punishments from it, he had learnt about possible exits and ways out but he needed to home his new abilities.

Eve was a happy little baby girl and Adam swore that no matter what he would keep her safe.

The small little family continued to walk for a bit before they took a small break at a little bench.

"So Alex what should we do when we get back to the city it would be a little dangerous now that there are the two new editions to this little group." Dana said and Alex nodded as he leaned back on the bench a bit.

Eve was in the stroller next to them as she played with Adam for a bit.

Adam smiled down at her as he laughed a bit.

Alex looked at the two kids and smiled as he moved his hand holding Lucy's who gave him a small smile.

"Alright I think that's enough of a break we should get back so we can see just how much you've learnt Adam." Alex said as they got up and began the walk back to the house.

Once getting back someone jumped onto Adam surprising him greatly before he realised that it was Rebecca who was hugging him tightly.

"You're ok!" She said happily and Adam smiled as he hugged back before he let go of her.

"I'm doing much better now thank you." Adam said and Rebecca nodded as Mary walked into the room as well.

"Oh! You're back! I was just about to say that dinner was ready." Mary said as she turned to Rebecca.

"Go get your brother please sweetie, your father is already waiting." Mary said and Rebecca nodded as she ran to got get her brother.

"Here let me help you set the table." Alex said and Mary smiled.

"That's kind of you but Jack had already taken care of that why don't you just go sit down while I get everything else ready, it's no trouble really." Mary said and Alex nodded as Lucy took Eve out from her stroller as she looked at Adam.

"Come on kids let's wash your hands before you eat." Lucy said and Adam nodded as he followed Lucy to the bathroom.

Dana had walked over to Mary so she could help her bring in the food while Alex walked back to the dining area and saw Jack was putting down the plates as Alex walked over.

"Here let me help with the rest of the stuff." Alex said and Jack chuckled before he nodded as he let Alex help him.

Soon enough the table was set and everyone sat down eating together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

Sorry that it's been so long since I've updated and made sudden changes to the story but I've been going through some writers block with this story as well as my other early stories but thanks to those who were patient enough to wait and I'll try to update way sooner now

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL