chapter 23: New additons

Alex POV

"Hey kiddo this is your little sister Evangelyn but call her Eve your job is to protect her ok?" I said to him and he got a determined face.

"I will I promise." He said and I smiled.

"Good because I'm gonna teach you how to use your powers but you it to protect others and yourself and never use them for self gain." I said to him in a serious tone.

"I will I promise Dad but can you tell me how you got your powers please?" He asked and I knew I would have to tell him.

"Sure so get comfy this is a long story." I said and told him the everything from when I was a scientist working for them, when I took the vial filled with the virus and tried to run away with it to me getting shot and the vial falling on the ground breaking and how I woke up suddenly having my abilities and how I fought the military and the infected unlocking new abilities and learning a few new things to and how I had to fight a powerful infected hybrid and when I met Lucy and everything else.

"Well kiddo that's my story." I said expecting him to be mad at me but instead he had stars in his eyes.

"Wow Dad are you a super hero?" He asked and I chuckled a bit.

"No kiddo I'm no hero I've done a lot of bad things in my life I don't think anyone would want me to be their hero." I said but what he asked next shocked me.

"W-well c-could you be my hero then?" He asked after everything I told him he still wanted me to be his hero.

"If you think I can then I'll try my best to be your hero." I said as he came over to my lap and I gave Eve to Lucy.

"Ok Ad so now that you know more about me how about I tell you about your annoying Aunt Dana." I said with a smirk.

"HEY! What do you mean annoying I'm not that bad I am the best sister and Aunt ever." She said and I just gave her a look.

"Sure you are ignore her Ad." I said and she smacked me on the head making Adam laugh.

So the rest of the trip went on with all of us telling stories and laughing until the cab stopped and I saw we were here.

I paid the cab driver and got out of the car with Ad holding my hand tight and soon after everyone was out of the car and we made our way to get our bags and after we took out our stuff the cab driver left.

"Ok son this is my friends home he invited us to stay for the weekend so don't worry he's a nice man so is his family maybe you can make some friends with his kids." I said as he held my hand.

"I'll try Dad." Adam said but I could tell he was nervous and scared.

We walked over to the front door and I knocked and after a few minutes someone came and opened the door it was Jacks wife Mary and she greeted us with a smile.

"Hello Alcor it's so nice to see you again and it's nice to see you not wearing your mask." She said in a happy tone and then saw everyone else behind me.

"Hi I'm Alcor's sister Dana it's nice to see my brother actually has friends." Dana said as she waved at Mary.

"Hello I'm Lucy Alcor's girlfriend I am currently living with them." Lucy said and then I felt someone hit my head and turned to see Mary looking angry at me.

"Alcor how come you never told me you have a girlfriend that's quite rude you know I expected better from you?" She said to me and I just rubbed my head.

"Sorry it slipped my mind." I said apologizing to her but suddenly her mood quickly changed when she saw Adam and Eve.

"Oh my goodness who are these little darlings you have here they are so cute!" Mary said but Adam moved behind my leg trying to hide.