chapter 7: awakening and news

Alex POV

I woke up feeling extremely comfortable for some reason and I realised that there was some weight on me.

When I looked down I saw someone was lying on me. When my eyes adjusted I saw it was in fact Lucy when I saw her lying on top of me by now my face was about as red as her hair but I couldn't move without waking her up.

So I laid there waiting for her to wake up to a very awkward awakening. ' Well this will be one strange interaction but hey when isn't my life strange or weird.' So I waited and closed my eyes in hopes of sleeping when I felt her start to stir.

Lucy POV

I was having a weird dream that I was sleeping on Alex. I started waking up when I felt that I was more comfortable than when I am sleeping on Alex bed.

I started looking around and I felt a leathery material on my hands moving them up I realised I was lying on a person.

I looked up and saw Alex staring at me his face as red as mine.

' Well this is gonna be a strange conversation might as well get started.'  I thought and started getting up really quickly.

Alex POV

I saw her getting up quickly she must be as embarrassed as me.

I sat up straight and decided to be the first one to speak.

" Morning Lucy I know what just happened was embarrassing but we must have fallen asleep while watching the marathon." I still was kinda embarrassed but that's what most likely happened.

" Yeah, it must have happened last night but don't worry Alex it's fine I actually kind of liked it."she said which surprised the hell out of me.

" Excuse me what!!" I was still surprised at what she said.

I think she wasn't exactly thinking when she said that but clear as day she said it again.

"I said I liked sleeping on you it was very comfortable" and after she said that I realised she was right so I smiled and said," yeah your right it was really comfortable maybe we could do that again."

She stared at me and smiled," Yeah I'd like that Alex."

So after we talked for a little longer I decided to get up and start breakfast and Lucy came to join me it became our usual routine of her helping me make meals.

Then Dana came in giving me a look that said I know what happened.

Dana POV

I walked into the kitchen making breakfast as usual it's been about a week since Lucy lived with us and it was nice because their was another girl in the apartment and that it was hilarious to see that Alex and Lucy had a crush on each other.

So after eating breakfast I went to check out some news on TV. So far everything was normal until I saw something that shocked me to my core.

"ALEX!!!" I screamed

Alex POV

I heard Dana scream and ran in.
" Dana what's wrong?" She only pointed to the TV when a news report said that the military were coming back to New York and will be here until further notice.

" Well looks like they didn't get the message the first time. Guess I'll just have to make sure they stay out of New York permanently." I smiled thinking about killing everyone of those soldiers.

" So other than that it's gonna be a fairly boring day so I'm taking Lucy on a tour of the city my way."

"Oh, so your taking her out on a date already Alex I'm impressed." Dana who was obviously teasing me but I ignored it and was kinda excited to show her around town.

"Hey Lucy I was thinking I could take you on a tour around town today if you want that is." I was kinda nervous which is weird considering I've killed hundreds of infected and soldiers.

She looked really excited and happy at my offer and said," Of course I'd like to join you I'll just go get ready."

I couldn't believe she actually said yes so I waited and after a few minutes she came back wearing a pair of jeans, a black T-shirt and a pair of sneakers.

"Let's go Lucy there's a lot I want to show you" I said and we left.

"Have fun on your date you too and don't be back to late!" I heard Dana shout behind us.

We were both blushing a little and laughed.

No one's POV

As Alex and Lucy went to the roof.

They examined the scenery for a minute Alex told Lucy to get on his back and he jumped to the next building and as they did Alex showed her all the sites New York had to offer and explained a few things along the way.

They even took a ferry to the statue of liberty after that the stopped to get some ice cream and sat on a nearby roof eating it.

"That was really fun today thank you for showing me around New York it's a very exciting place." Lucy said eating bubble gum flavoured ice cream.

" Yeah it was thanks for saying yes to joining me today." Alex said while eating chocolate chip ice cream (my favourite flavour of ice cream). And watched the city it was amazing.

Lucy POV

I had such a great day with Alex and I want to tell h that I have developed feelings for him and it was now or never.

" Alex I've had a really good time with you lately I have developed feelings for you and and I know it's sudden but it's true." I was a little scared at what his reaction could be.

Alex POV

I was really surprised to hear Lucy say that she had feelings for me but I know I needed to tell her.

" Lucy I'm surprised that you have feelings for me but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have feelings for you too but I need you to answer a question."

She looked at me with a happy expression." What's your question then?"

" Will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend? I asked my normal tone but on the inside I was nervous as hell.

Lucy hugged me,"  Yes of course Alex." Needless to say I hugged her back and we started our walk home holding hands and when we got home Dana gave us a knowing look.

I shrugged it off and went to the the bathroom to change into some pajamas which where a t-shirt and long comfortable pants.

And went to the couch to go to sleep only to be stopped by Lucy.

"Alex would you like to sleep in the bed with me tonight? Lucy said in a nervous tone.

I smiled," What kind of boyfriend would I be if I said no." And we both cuddled on the bed falling asleep.

------------------------------------------------------

Well guys that's it for this chapter I hoped you enjoyed it

And I finally started their relationship

And if my girlfriend is reading this chapter I love you

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT