Chapter 27: Knowledge

No one's POV

Everyone was shocked to see what happened to Adam except for Alex as they rushed over.

"Alex what happened?" Dana asked in a very worried tone.

"This happens after someone is consumed all the knowledge and memories the person has is shown to us which is quite painful and since I knew and consumed a lot it took a lot out of him." Alex explained as he picked up Adam and walked back inside towards the couch and laid him down.

"Alex are you sure he'll be ok?" Lucy asked as she held Eve as he turned to her and and kissed her forehead.

"He'll be fine Luce we just need to wait for him to wake up." Alex said though he was worried for him as well.

Alex and Lucy went to there room and laid Eve in her crib to be put to sleep as they kissed her forehead as Eve began to drift of to sleep.

"Alex it's a bit funny isn't it." Lucy said as she laid down on the bed followed by Alex who wrapped his arms around her.

"What is Luce?" Alex asked.

"We have only been together for just a small while and yet we're already parents." Lucy said and Alex chuckled.

"Yeah it is if you think about it but that's fine now get some sleep I'll be up in case Eve needs something or Adam wakes up." Alex said as Lucy turned to him.

"Are you sure Alex?" Lucy asked and Alex softly kissed her lips before smiling at her.

"Of course now get some rest for a bit." Alex said as Lucy smiled and moved closer and snuggled into him.

"I love you Alex." Lucy said as she closed her eyes.

"I love you too Lucy." Alex said.

Adams POV

I saw all these memories, images, things, monsters and so much more.

I saw Military general's and infected getting cut down and consumed by my father.

All the infected people's memories as well as the Military trying to destroy New York.

It hurt all as I watched each memory play they started with Hope Idaho when the infection first came.

"So much death and destruction." I said looking at what happened.

"That's how it is Ad I wish I could say otherwise." I turned and saw my Dad standing behind me.

"Dad what are you doing here?" I asked him and Alex shrugged.

"I'm not the real Alex I'm just here to help you out as everything plays out." He said and I nodded.

"So where do we go now?" I asked him and Dad or imaginary Dad put a hand on my shoulder leading me to another memory sequence.

"This is when the virus was recreated for military purposes." Dad told me as we watched the memory play out and I saw Dad as one of the scientists.

"Why is my Dad there?" I asked him and he sighed.

"Because we were part of the team to help recreate this virus." He said to me and I couldn't believe it.

"B-but why would he?" I asked I had a lot of questions why would my Dad be part of this? Why would he help create something that made so many suffer?

"Des your Dad was a scientist back then he didn't know what this virus could do as it was classified information." Dad told me as we went to another memory.

"This is the day of what happened at Penn station." Dad said as I watched Dad run through the Gentek building holding the vial in his hand.

"Your father realised the military was planning something he had questions just like you have now he stole the virus and ran the military caught wind of what he was doing and had to eliminate him." Dad said and the memory moved to Penn station.

I saw Dad standing there as the vial was thrown to the ground as Dad was shot and even though it wasn't my real Dad I still hugged him as I didn't want to see what happened next.

"Alright it's over Ad you can look now this is when your Dad woke up again." I turned back to the memory.

I saw Dad laying on a table and scientists holding a scalpel about to cut open Dad when I saw his eyes open as he straightened up immediately.

I saw the scientists run away and Dad walking out of the room.

The memory changed and I saw Dad.

He was talking to someone about the outbreak.

"This is apart of what your father did to prevent the outbreak from spreading." Dad said and I nodded.

Outside in the real world

No one's POV

"Is Desmond gonna be ok?" Tom asked Alex who nodded.

"He'll be fine Tom can you please go tell your sister that." Mary said and Tom nodded as he left.

Jack had just parked the car and opened the door.

"I'm home sorry I'm late I got stuck in traffic." Jack said and Mary came to him and hugged him.

"Hello dear I think I should catch you up on what's happening." Mary said as she led her husband to their bedroom.

Mary told Jack everything that had happened while he was gone.

Jacks eyes widened a bit at everything she said before he chuckled.

"Amazing how so much can happen in only a few hours." Jack said and his wife laughed a bit as well.

"That is true Jack." Mary said as Jack stood up.

"I'll greet them later for now I'm going to the kitchen would you like anything?" Jack asked and Mary nodded.

"Some tea please." Mary said and Jack nodded as he kissed her head before leaving for the kitchen.

Jack continued walking until he entered the living room were he ran into Dana who was looking at Adam.

"You must be Dana Alex sister." Jack said and Dana looked at him and nodded.

"You must be Jack Mary's husband." Dana said and Jack nodded.

"I am pleasure to meet you but I must get something done right now sorry." Jack said as he excused himself to the kitchen.

Rebecca sat in her room worried about Desmond when Tom came into her room.

"Hey sis Mom said Des is gonna be fine." Tom said and Rebecca nodded though she was still a bit sad.

"Don't worry sis I trust Mom and she heard it from uncle Alex so you know it's true." Tom said and Rebecca looked at him.

"But he's still my friend." Rebecca said and Tom sat next to her and hugged her.

"It'll be alright." Tom said and Rebecca nodded as she hugged him back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL