Chap. 1

Hey yo everyone! I'm back. All you gotta do is keep reading....

The glowing light began to blink, telling us to fasten our seatbelts. I buckled mine in, and the intercom came on, "Hello, this is your pilot speaking. We are now descending into Richmond Virginia."

Finally. I rolled my eyes, and threw my head back on the backrest of my seat. The plane shook a little, and I felt it begin to fly down an angle. It began to land and everyone shifted in their seats. I looked to my right, and Fabien was slurring, coming out of his "four" hour coma on this flight. I couldn't believe he was able to sleep through this whole thing.

We were told that the flight would take four hours, but due to the delays, it was more.

I had the aisle seat, and all of the flight attendants were pushing their carts back to the end of the plane, where the kitchen was. They were apologizing for all of the elbow bumps they'd managed to do while pushing their cart of food—me included.

"Are we here?" Fabien asked.

I nodded, squeezing my frog pillow.

"Finallyyyy." He said, stretching the word out while he stretched in his seat. He yawned and sat back regularly. "Damn, this seat was making my ass numb."

I swatted his head, "Watch your mouth."

He flipped his hands up in protest, "Why?"

"Because you know how Uncle Victor and Aunt Jocelin are; they don't like it when we swear. And we're under their consent now."

"Just until you're eighteen," he muttered.

"Well, I'm not yet; at least not until the summer. It's barely January. Please get used to this Fabien. It's what Mom and Dad wanted."

"Fine, I won't cuss anymore. Well, I'll try not to."

"Good." I shuffled his hair as the plane was on the ground, "Now, c'mon, they should be waiting for us."

"Skye, we are moving back to California when you turn eighteen right? I don't wanna stay in Virginia forever." He asked hopefully

I sighed, "I don't know Fabes, but for right now, we gotta take it on the chin."

"Right now? Right now, the East Coast is biting me in the ass."

"Yea, me too, but let's spread some West Coast love shall we?" I smirked.

He smiled—something that I haven't seen in a while.

He formed his hand into a fist and stretched it over to me, "West?"

I bumped his fist back, "Coast."

The plane came to a full stop, and we—all of the passengers—got up from our seats and grabbed our carry-ons. We got off board and walked down the long hallway and went on with the procedures to getting out. We finally saw the end of the tunnel we just walked through. The lighting became brighter, and out of the mess of people, Fabien and I saw our names on big piece of cardboard.

Familiar faces were holding it up and waving. These faces were faces that my brother and I haven't seen since our parents' funeral.

Fabien and I threw our gum away and walked over.

"Skylar! Fabien!" Our Aunt Jocelin yelled, "How was your flight?"

"It was good." I smiled.

"Good." Uncle Victor grinned. He looked a lot like my dad, "Now c'mon, we gotta get the rest of your luggage."