Chap. 15

:D

"Have a good weekend!" Miss Daley yelled out as we all left.

"So, did you write down the analysis from the lab?" Lolo asked me as we walked down the hall to the cafeteria.

"Yeah," I answered, "Didn't you?"

"No. I was too busy finishing the report before the bell rang."

Seriously?

"Lolo, we're partners!" I laughed, "I thought we were going the same rate?!"

"That doesn't mean anything." He answered, "So, will you help a brother out?"

"I have enough brothers." I chuckled.

We got to the cafeteria and it was as busy as ever. Like always, Sarah was already there before us, however, Fabien wasn't.

"Hey." Lolo and I said when we got to the table.

"Hey, you two." She greeted back.

We sat down and chatted like the days before. It being Friday came into the topic as well. In the corner of my eye, I saw Fabien walking toward us, still wearing that same expression he hand this morning.

"Hey." He said, as he sat down next to Sarah.

The three of us just stared at him, "What's wrong with you?" I arched my eyebrow.

"I didn't do my homework for fourth period, so I had to stay a little after class." He shook his head, "Totally bullshit if you ask me."

What?

"You're kidding me right? Please tell me you are." I begged.

"Sorry, Skye." He muttered.

"When do you not do your homework?" I leaned in closer across the table to him, and whispered, "This isn't like you Fabien."

"I know. Please, spare me the lecture." Guilt flashed across his face then looked down.

The four of us stayed quiet until we heard a stomach growl.

Fabien's hands went over his stomach, and confessed, "It's me. I didn't eat breakfast this morning."

"He overslept." I explained, but never took my eyes off him.

He sulked back in his seat.

"Aren't you gonna get something to eat then?" Sarah asked, trying to break the tension between us.

He nodded and got up, when Lolo got up too, "I'll come with you." He blurted. He looked at Fabien with the most concerned look I've ever seen.

What the hell am I missing?

They made their way to the lunch line. When they were out of sight, Sarah asked, "What was that about?"

"Fabien..." I sighed, "He was always smart for his age. He never procrastinated when it came to school."

"Okay?" She rolled her shoulders, "Well, maybe the shock of what happened is taking its toll on him?" She murmured.

I shook my head, "No, it can't be. It's something else. If it was because of that reason, then he would've said something quick."

Sarah just went silent and began to scan her phone, probably wanting to drop the subject.

I know I'm a bitch.