Chap. 3

Yeee...

I hate when Tuesdays feel like Mondays.

Needless to say that today was a blur. This whole time, I couldn't help but think about the people who were currently lounging about at home. Without me! That's what sucks when you have school, while others are on vacation.

Sarah, Fabien, Lolo, and I all met up after school—as usual. However, this time, it was at my locker rather than at my car. I just had a lot of stuff to take home. I handed the boys two books each, and I asked Sarah to hold my poster board for another project due.

Ehh, why am I complaining?

It's school.

It's always annoying.

There's gonna be a load of BS that they're gonna throw at us.

"Got any more stuff, Skye?" Lolo asked.

"Nah, I think that's it." I assured him, "Thanks for helping me out." I averted my eyes between the three.

They all smiled.

I shrugged on my heavy bag over my shoulder and carried my jacket. I tried to take the poster board from Sarah, but she wouldn't let me.

"It's okay, Skye. I got it." Sarah smiled.

"Alright then." I chuckled.

I led them out of the school building and they trailed behind me to my car. I popped open the trunk and we all just dropped all my shit in there. Fabien closed it and then sat on top of it right afterwards. The four of us began chatting like we always do until Lolo had to go and he was Sarah's ride home.

If you're wondering what happened between them after their Valentine's date...

Well, they're a couple.

It's really cute.

Whenever Lolo sees her, he just lights up and his mood changes. The couple left, leaving me and Fabien near my car looking awkward.

"Well, let's—" He got cut off by a huge truck that arrived on the lot.

Uncle Vic's truck.

I squinted to make out the face of who was driving.

Well, it's not Uncle Vic.

Instead it was Leet. Ref was in the passenger's seat, and Manny was squeezed in the middle. I'm betting that the Pack and Erin were in the backseat. The truck or Chad, as Uncle so weirdly calls his truck, seats six people.

I know right?

I found it shocking too.

Here I thought it only seated five.

The truck came honking and drove passed me and Fabien. I saw the bed of the truck and saw my instruments stashed on it. The truck parked on the very last space at the end of the lot. Everyone that was still on campus, which was still a lot, stopped and stared including McKenzie and her crew.

The doors swung open and the six people that I know and love got out of the vehicle, looking like a bunch of stars. With my instruments in tow, everyone ran, flocking towards them as if they were stars or celebrities making a miracle appearance at a dainty public school. All the girls swooned over the guys and all the guys were in awe at the sight of the truck and my instruments.

"If only they knew." Fabien smirked, "Shall we?"

"We shall." I nodded.

We walked over to the crowd and McKenzie was trying to flirt with Isaac, but you can tell he wasn't feeling it. McKenzie didn't exactly fit his standards. He met a lot of decent girls back in California, so she's a low blow compared to them.