Chap. 15

Almost 900 reads... :) thanks to those who are reading. I really appreciate it.

Besides Saturday, nothing really happened over the weekend. I mean, I finished my English assignment Sunday—but that's about it.

The day that everyone dreads, Monday, was upon us. We were gonna have to present our essay today. But, if I do say so myself, I did a good job.

"Please Skye!" Sarah begged, "I let you read mine!" We were at my locker when Sarah kept pleading for her to read my paper. This girl is as impatient as I am.

I laughed, "I didn't ask to read yours."

"But I let you read it, because I'm a good friend." She pouted, "Please?"

"Sorry Sarah." I shrugged, "You're gonna have to wait like everyone else."

"That's not fair. I thought we were closer than that."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. Besides, who said life was fair?"

"Hey guys." Lolo greeted behind us.

"Hey, how you doin'?" I nodded.

"Pretty good. I've gotten compliments on the party all morning."

I shrugged, "Well, I'm glad."

The three of us continued chatting. Greyson even popped up in the conversation. He wanted to take me out on Saturday. He wouldn't tell me where though. I don't exactly like surprises; but when I told him that, he didn't seem to care if I did or not.

As usual, in any story, the girl friends gush while the guy friends mock. I told Erin about what happened Saturday and she fangirled over my so-called relationship with Greyson along with Sarah. It got kind of weird, considering we're not even in a "relationship". I tried telling them that, but they think that stage is coming sooner or later.

Besides that, the age gap didn't seem to bother Erin. In fact, she encouraged it, as did Sarah. Lolo on the other hand, Googled what the Romeo and Juliet Clause was.

Whatever.

"Why aren't you excited?" Sarah asked.

I sighed, "I dunno."

I truly don't.

I feel like something's holding me back. The age gap isn't a joke, he's in the military, and my mom is... dead, to even give me a piece of advice. Fabien hates every guy that bats an eyelash at me—hell he was that way with Connor, but he ultim—hang on...

Connor.

He's been on my mind ever since I first met Greyson...

...my life...

The bell rang after a few minutes, then Lolo, Sarah and I made our ways to homeroom. She and I got to the classroom and Uncle Pat wasn't there yet. We went for our seats and the students kept piling in. Some you can tell were a bit nervous speaking in public and others looked calm.

McKenzie, Zach, and Sean came in and she began gloating about what she wrote in her essay. While she was boasting about it, Noah made a snide remark that everyone heard, "Is it about how you spent the night in a jail cell on Saturday?"

She glared at him, and trust me, if she had laser pointers for eyes, Noah would've been obliterated. McKenzie continued bragging about what her essay was about; something to do with her being in Australia. If only a kangaroo kicked her in the face or got lost in the outback.

I scanned two seats behind her and Sean looked bored out of his mind. He caught me looking at him, and he nodded. He didn't give his signature smirk or a dirty look or anything like he usually does. It kinda caught me off guard. That random moment where he actually turned in his two friends was something that I never expected to come from him.