Chap. 18

I know.. very long wait... I can explain! Honest! My internet was cut off for a couple days... soo yea. :) Anyway, i'm back, so enjoy.

"We'll be back before New Year's Eve. I promise." My mom's smile burned brightly towards me and Fabien.

My dad hugged us tightly, "Correction: We promise."

"Don't worry, we'll be fine." Fabien tried to assure them.

"Now boarding, Flight 204." Echoed the intercom throughout the airport.

"That's your flight." I whispered.

"We'll be back." Mom smiled. Our parents wrapped their arms around me and Fabien.

"Have fun skiing. I want a souvenir. New snowboard if possible." Fabien laughed.

The four of us let go of each other, and my dad scanned my neck where he set his eyes on his guitar pic, which hung around my collar, "Remember."

I nodded, "I know, Dad."

"Everytime." He smiled.

Mom and Dad began making their way through security.

"Skye?" Someone called from behind me.

"Skye." They called again.

"Skye!" The voice called out clearly now. I rolled off my bed and fell flat on my face. Apparently, the voice was Fabien's.

"Dammit Fabien! I'm awake!" I flipped over on my back, "Is there a particular reason why you're waking me up? It's only Sunday." I ripped my blanket away from my bed and cuddled to myself on the floor.

"Skye." He said plainly.

I groaned, "What do you need, Fabien? As you can see, I'm busy."

His foot nudged my shin, "Aunt Joce wants us to come down for breakfast."

"Ugh, why? It's too early!" I whined.

"Skye, it's 10am."

"Well, it's early for me." Especially when your two friends stayed 'til eleven last night.

"C'mon Skye. Or she'll start bitching."

I sat up, "Fine. You win." I stood up and began to fix my bed, "Tell her I'll be down in a minute."

He nodded, then left my room. The softness of my bed was calling out to me. I was just so tempted to just lie back down.

My life!

Once I fixed my bed, I headed downstairs, and the smell of pancakes filled the air.

I walked into the kitchen and Uncle Vic was at the stove, while Aunt Joce and Fabien were sitting at the table.

"Skye! I'm so glad you can finally join us." Uncle exclaimed with his sarcastic tone.

I trudged to an empty seat at the table, "You guys are too perky this morning."

"There doesn't have to be a reason to be happy, Skye." Aunt Joce said, taking a bite of her pancake.

"You know, that's what a person who's high off weed says."

As I said that, Fabien choked on his orange juice.

"Honey! Slow down!" Aunt Joce patted his back for him to calm down.

"Sorry." He apologized as he wiped his mouth.

"But in this case..." Uncle sat down at the last empty seat, "There is."