Chap. 3

Snooze, snooze! Dammit! Where's the snooze button?!

Finally, my finger reached the button at the top of my alarm, however I didn't even get to snooze. Aunt Joce came bursting in my room, "Skye! C'mon! You have to get up, or you'll be late! It's your first day of school!"

I groaned, "Can't I be homeschooled?"

"Sure. I'll teach you all of your subjects, and we can spend much needed quality time together! It'll be so much fun!" She said enthusiastically.

I quickly sat up, throwing my legs over the edge of my bed, "I'm taking a shower."

"Thought so." She winked.

Tricky.

I was on my way to my bathroom but I stopped in my tracks as I remembered, "Aunt Joce?" I called out.

She poked her head back in my room, "Yeah, Honey?"

"You have an extra tampon? I forgot to buy some yesterday. I have one prepared for today and tomorrow, but I just need it in case of an emergency during school today."

Mother Nature sucks.

Just putting that out there...

She gave me my present right before the start of the new school semester.

My life.

Aunt Joce blushed, "Oh, I'm sorry Sweetie. I don't. I, uh, haven't had to use one in a long time." She confessed.

I blushed too remembering her dilemma, "Oh. I'm sorry Aunt Joce, I didn't mean—"

"It's alright, Sweetheart. You go on ahead to school, and I'll go to the store and pick some up for you while you're gone. You prefer tampons or napkins?"

"Tampons please. Tampax." I ran toward my wallet that was sitting on top of my nightstand, "Here's some cash, Aunt Joce. I know that the tax on them is just..."

"OH. No! Don't worry about it, Skye. I got it." She smiled.

"You sure?"

"Positive. You go on ahead and get ready for school."

"Thank you, Auntie." I smiled as she left my room.

///

"Skye! C'mon! We're gonna be late!" Fabien yelled from downstairs.

"Ok! I'm coming!" I put my last shoe on and grabbed my stuff.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

I looked back before going through my door.

Phone?

I tapped my back pocket, check.

Keys?

Downstairs.

iPod?

Fabien has it, I let him borrow it yesterday.

Ok.

I left my room and headed down.

"Finally!" He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, as I went to the coat closet and got out my leather jacket, "Whatever."

Aunt Joce popped in from the hallway and her expression gazed at me disapprovingly, "Skye. You're sure you're okay with your outfit?"

I looked at my outfit, "Yes?"

"Jocelin," Uncle Vic placed his hands on her shoulder, "Let her wear what she wants."