Chap. 6

Hi :)

January 31st... A.K.A Lolo's birthday

I arrived at my locker and I was already anticipating Lolo annoying me with the whole, It's my birthday ego. Well, he does have the right to stand out today; everyone does when it's their birthday. I just hope he doesn't go overboard with it.

I was scrolling through my phone near my locker until I heard the sea of students get louder with excitement. From what I heard, Lolo's name was in everyone's mouths. I guess he made it his mission to be seen today. Well, this was normal as normal as can be. Back home in California, when someone we knew that in was in our class had a birthday that day, we would make a big commotion out of it.

Guess it wasn't so different in Virginia.

The students made a pathway for him to walk through, and he strutted down it like a runway. He had a fresh new haircut, nice clothes, and everyone that he walked passed was telling him "Happy Birthday".

Lolo flashed his pearly whites and kept making his way through.

He does look good though.

Can't deny it.

He finally made his way over to me, and I jumped on him, yelling in his ear, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOLO."

He hugged me back, "Thanks, Skye."

We stayed that way for a few seconds until someone cleared her throat behind us.

Awkward.

"So, uh. Can I give you a birthday hug too? Or should I just walk away?" Sarah asked innocently.

Lolo and I let go of each other. However, to make matters more awkward, the two of them just stared at each other.

Oh geez.

Do they want me to push them to each other? Because... ha. I will.

"Will one you say something? I can turn around to give ya'll some privacy if you want to." I suggested.

Sarah ran her fingers through her hair, and sighed. She looked genuinely sorry, "Lolo, I'm sorry. You know that I wouldn't forget your birthday on purpose. It's ju—"

He didn't let her finish her apology as he wrapped his arms around her, "It's okay." It was too cute, "You're still one of the most important people in my life." He whispered to her, but I was still able to hear it.

Oh! My heart!

I couldn't take it.

Either I was getting a little misty eyed from this, or my allergies were acting up, but I thought I just saw Lolo shed a tear.

This was getting way too sappy for me.

But oh well.

"Awww." I cooed. They looked at me, and Sarah gave me a flat expression. "What?" I giggled.

They let go of each other, "Lolo, I feel really bad. Lemme make it up to you."

"Nah, it's okay." He assured her.

"No, I want to. I'll take you out on Saturday."

"Uh, shouldn't I be the one taking you out?" He furrowed his eyes.

"Not this time, buddy." She poked him.

"Ha, alright. I cave. Where to?"

"Dunno. Wherever your heart desires." She laughed.