Chap. 8

:)

The number of days was growing shorter; the day of the talent show was imminent. This was the current buzz going around school. Word spread about mine and McKenzie's bet to win the talent show. I kept practicing, and word kept spreading. The talent show, work, and school got me so preoccupied; I'm surprised I remembered to sleep. I hardly had time to catch my breath anymore.

There were times when Lolo and Sarah wanted me to tag along with them somewhere but I couldn't.

However, this busy schedule of mine wasn't for nothing. This was all gonna be worth it. It took me a while to decide which Beatles song to play—Fabien had a point on which song I should do, so naturally I've been practicing my ass off. Because I was basically a one-woman band, my looping station was put to good use.

Dean and Kat let me use the store as a practice area every once in a while when business was slow. I was listening to the song on my iPod when Kat popped up from the employee backroom.

Her mouth opened but I didn't hear her.

"What?!" I yelled.

She motioned for me to take out of my earbuds, "Can you hear me now?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sorry." I laughed.

"No problem. You can go ahead and take your break."

"Sweet." I smiled, "I'll be right back."

"Alright."

I left the shop and made my way down the villa square and I saw people walking from store to store with shopping bags, or doggy bags. It just looked like they were having the time of their lives. I entered Burger King and ordered my food.

"Have a nice day." The cashier smiled after ten minutes of waiting for my order.

I left and began making my way back to Listen when I saw a familiar face speed walking down the sidewalk with a sports bag. I hastened my pace to keep up with him. I ran passed Listen and continued to stalk him—I'll just think of this as a form of flattery. He turned the corner and I was only yards away from him.

However, I still kept my distance from him so he wouldn't notice.

He came to a stop so I stood behind a wall where he wouldn't see me. He entered a dance studio and I followed.

I quickly ran inside, and walked past the receptionist and then down the hall. Practice rooms ran down both sides. Students; girls, that looked like they were about six and up, occupied them. I saw the glint of his Addidas sports bag and I followed it. He turned a right into another room. I skidded across the floor and stopped in front of the door.

There was a sign stamped on the door in a different language—I'm assuming it's French. It read, Premier Danseur Noble.

What the hell does that mean?

I cracked the door open and I heard soft music. I poked my head in and saw him flowing his body to the sound just like how I saw him at the auditions. His eyes were closed, letting his body gain a mind of its own. He was dancing in front of full-length mirrors that were spread across the whole room.

I slid my body in and stood there, watching every move. The song had a climax where the beat and the rhythm grew stronger but he didn't let that take control of him.

He kept his pace with the music and was still able to make it look graceful. Once it slowed down again, so did he. After leaps and pirouettes, the music stopped and he struck a pose perfectly afterwards. He opened his eyes and saw me through the mirrors.