Chap. 19

Thanks a ton for those who are reading.

Fabien and I were at Erin's basement. We were going over what to do for our next YouTube upload. We decided to go with a cover.

 I was sitting at Elijah's keyboard while he and Fabien were going over the sheets. Connor, Isaac and Ray on the other hand, were making a nice sound with their instruments.

Isaac was thumping on his bass, while Connor was at his drums and Ray was strumming his acoustic. I wanna play! I began gliding my fingers on the keys that I knew would go great with the music they were making.

Then after a couple notes, the guys stopped all together.

"Skye? What the hell are you doing?" Connor furrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean? I'm playing along." I answered.

"Well don't. You sounded horrible." Isaac scolded.

I dropped my mouth at was the twins were saying, "Excuse me? It sounded fine to me."

"Sis, you know you don't play that well." Fabien chimed in. He had that face that said it was one of the most obvious things in the world.

"Yea, I only thought you were only here to watch?" Ray asked.

"Are you feeling alright?" Fabien put his hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off, "I'm feeling fine." I scowled, "It sounded fine to me."

"Uh, no." Elijah laughed, "Now c'mon get away from my keyboard before you break it."

"It sounded fine." I stated.

"Skye. Do you wanna hear it? The recorder has been on the whole time." Isaac took off his bass strap and headed toward the recorder, "There."

He played it back.

Holy crap! That wasn't what I was playing! "What the hell was that?" I exclaimed after he turned if off.

"What do you mean, 'what was it'? That was you just now." He sighed.

"No it wasn't."

"Who else was playing the keyboard?"

Then all of a sudden, the left side of the keyboard was dissolving into thin air. What's happening?

"You can't play Skye." Ray's voice echoed. It vibrated then turned into McKenzie's annoying voice at the end.

"Skye!" What?

"Skye!" Fabien?

I felt someone shaking me, "Skye!" I jolted up and saw Fabien standing over my bed, "You okay?"

I rubbed my face, "Yeah. Weird dream."

"Well, it's just a dream."

I exhaled, "Yeah."

"Want some water?"

"Uhm. Yeah. Thanks."

He nodded, "Alright, I'll be right back."

I checked my phone. It was Saturday, two forty-seven in the morning.

My date with Greyson is tonight.

I set my phone back on the nightstand, when Fabien came back. He walked through the door, carrying a glass of water, "Here."

"Thanks." I grabbed it and gulped it down.