Chap. 20

Surprise, suprise!! :)

"How'd you get all these?" I asked looking at all the old vinyl records. I ran my fingers across the covers and kept dazing at the amazing, once in a lifetime experience of seeing these rare collections.

"Most of them, again, belonged to our families. We just kept adding on to them." Uncle Pat explained.

I went down an aisle, while Fabien was playing with a bugle horn. I kept looking and it was dating all the way to Motown.

"Cool! Can I play this?!" Fabien asked excitedly, holding up a Platters record.

"Yeah, the record player is right over there." Uncle Mick pointed out. The player was in the middle of the cabin.

Fabien took the record from the case and settled it on the player. All of heard the needle scratch a little, then the room filled with the melodious voices of The Platters. Their famous single "Only You" began playing.

"Nice." I smiled fist bumping him.

"Wow, I didn't know you guys were into songs from back then." Uncle Vic gaped at us.

"There are a lot of things you don't know about us." I smirked.

"That is true." He shrugged.

"Mom and Dad listened to this stuff too?" Fabien asked.

"Yep." Uncle Pat said, popping the P at the end.

"Dang, you guys were cool."

"Uh, were?" Uncle Vic guffawed, "Don't you mean are?"

"No."

"Ouch. That hurts Fabien. I thought we were closer than that?" He joked, "That hurt..." He clutched his chest, "In here."

We spent the next couple of hours, hanging in the cabin, listening to whatever we got our hands on, and what caught our attention. We even ordered pizza.

As the sun set, we left the cabin, and made our way back inside the house. It felt like a maze, and it could've been a totally awesome place to play hide-and-seek. We sat in the living room again, and the three older guys turned the T.V on again, to scream at it—another sports thing.

Fabien and I tolerated it for a couple more hours.

Then, the wall on the clock in the living room read 8:26, and our little music adventure, and T.V yelling came to an end.

As we were leaving, Uncle Mick hugged me and Fabien as fatherly as Uncle Vic and my dad had always done before—he and Uncle Pat were no different. Uncle Mick kissed my forehead, "You guys are always welcome here."

Fabien laughed, "Trust me, now that we know about this, you can't keep us away."

Uncle Pat was on the doorstep, "And to think, we get enough of your sister on the weekdays."

Wait a minute.

"When did seeing me every day become a bad thing?" I peered at the guys in front of me.

"They said every week day. They're lucky enough to not have the weekends too." Uncle Vic joked.

Fabien laughed while I shook my head at them, "That was just mean."

We left Uncle Mick's house, and on the way home, Fabien, Uncle Vic, and I could talk about were the records that we saw today. We finally made it home to Aunt Joce sitting in the living room.