Hear Me Out pt. 3

Friends are always there :)

Chap. 1

I was on the verge of tears. I couldn't believe it was them—in the flesh. I squeezed the life out of Erin and all but trampled the boys. Afterwards, Erin put her stuff in my room, while the guys went to the pool house. No wonder there were only five beds, Erin was gonna bunk with me.

Once they settled their stuff and the boys finished duking each other out on who got the single room—which was Isaac—all of us were sprawled out in the sitting room where my instruments were waiting for us to play.

"So, how did this whole thing get planned out?" I asked.

"Fabien got a hold of us." Ray answered. I averted my eyes to my little brother and his face was as bashful as ever.

"Sorry we didn't tell you." Isaac apologized.

"It's okay." I smiled, "How'd you guys get permission from Aunt Joce and Uncle Vic to do this anyway?"

"Uncle Vic was actually the one that suggested it. He figured it would be a nice reunion for us."

"So yeah. Since it's also Presidents' week, we thought this would be a perfect time," Erin grinned.

Oh yeah.

In California, students get a whole week off for the presidents' birthdays.

Lucky them.

I miss that.

"So," Elijah clapped, "Are we gonna play those things of beauty, or are we just gonna sit here?" He inclined to the instruments.

"Yeah. I brought my bass and my amp." Isaac smiled.

"Then, let's do this!" I got up and all of us went into our comfort zones.

Elijah and Fabien played with the keyboard. Isaac got his bass out and Connor went to the drums. Ray took my acoustic guitar, and Erin headed toward the violin. Manny began cleaning his camera lens, preparing to record us.

When Erin grabbed the violin, it brought me back to our rugrat years; to how we first met. Back in elementary school, fourth and fifth graders were given the option to choose and play instruments. My parents wanted me to try a classical instrument. So, I chose the violin. Erin, on the other hand, was following in her big sister's footsteps in the violin path.

We met when we got seated together, and we've been friends ever since. Connor and Isaac are kind of a weird story. I was in the eighth grade, and Fabien and I were helping a family friend out at the mall. Conveniently, he owned a music store, but unfortunately, it was hanging by a thread. He needed money fast, where even a dollar can help with the funds.

With everything getting shut down, he was determined to keep his store alive.

Fabien and I set up instruments outside the door, not blocking the entrance. We decided to play a beat to raise customers' spirits. I laid out my guitar at the center for the spare change. What we were playing wasn't enough though, until the twins came along. They knew that the shop was gonna close and they wanted to do anything to keep it running.

Just like me and Fabien, they were regular customers there. One day, they saw us playing and decided to help. Isaac instantly went to the bass guitar and Connor went to the drums. With that, we raised over three hundred plus a few more that day. Since then, Connor and I would play drums together at time, and Isaac has been trying to teach me how to play the bass—it's a work in progress.