Chap. 20

Surprise!

"Well, what do you say?!" Sarah yelled on the other line. My date with Greyson was already done, and he got me home around eleven.

"Hello?" She questioned, "Did you lose service or something?'

"No. I'm still here." I answered.

"So?" She stretched the word.

I sighed, "Let's just say he's my boyfriend now, then change the subject." I laughed. She screamed at the top of her lungs and it rang in my ears. Dammit, "Fuller! Are you trying to make me deaf?"

"Sorry!" She apologized.

I rolled my eyes, "Alright, I gotta go."

"Night Skye."

"I'll see you Tuesday." We have no school Monday because it's President's Day. Thank God. I needed a break.

I plugged my phone in it's charger and set it on my nightstand.

///

"Alright, you gotta change the bed sheets and sweep your floors." Aunt Joce ordered.

Every Sunday, she made Fabien and me clean our rooms. Fabien mostly had a lot of work to do. The kid's a pig sometimes. I turned on my iPod and plugged it into the speakers. Scott Joplin's "Pineapple Rag" played. One of the many musical varieties hidden away at our uncles' shack.

While I was stripping my sheets and putting on new ones, Uncle Vic came in, "Skye?"

"Uncle?" I answered.

"After you guys finish, I need you two to help me clean the pool house. We're going to have guests over for the week."

"Alright, who?"

"You'll see." He grinned slyly.

"Well, how many people?"

"Six."

"When are they coming?"

"Tonight. I gotta pick them up."

"Wait, how can seven of you fit in your truck?"

"Uncle Pat's coming with his car."

"Oh." I smiled at the thought of Mr. Strause, "Then, Fabien and I'll meet you down there."

"Alright."

I finished fixing my room and went down across the hall to check on Fabien. I knocked on his door.

"Come in!" He answered.

I twisted the knob and his room looked really clean. Usually, he doesn't really try to clean his room. He just moves the dust around to different places.

"Whoa." I gaped.

"What?" He asked.

"Your room looks squeaky."

"Thanks."

"What made you really clean your room?"

"No reason. There was just a lot of dust on my furniture." He looked like he wasn't telling the whole truth.

"Alright. Well, Uncle wants us at the pool house."

"Okay."

I walked out of his room with him behind me. We made our way to the pool house and the door was wide open. Uncle Vic was there dusting my instruments and adjusting them a little bit.