Chap. 10

Yea, 3700+ reads. Thanks guys :) This is to @YoungWildandFree96 who evidently won my challenge in my '99 bottles of beer thread'. Cheers darlin' :)

The Monday after the show was very—well, it was annoying... and weird. Mr. McKnight's back and he's looking for "more talents", which I still don't understand. They announced it this morning. They'll be playing music suggestions from the students during passing period, and people are gonna try and kiss up to him.

Whatever.

So, the biggest thing that happened? Sean came and sat at our table. Unfortunately, he was right about how his friends were gonna treat him.

Here's what happened.

As much as I really don't like Zach, he really is committed to McKenzie. Since he found out that Sean just straight up said he didn't like her, she went and batted her eyelashes at Zach and now he doesn't have a mind of his own. Although, I don't think he even ever had a mind.

Anyway,

Zach brushed off Sean, and now Sean is competing with Lolo to see how many grapes they can fit in their mouths.

...Yeah...

In the beginning though, he was a little shy about sitting with us, but as you can see, at the middle of the lunch period, he eventually warmed up.

The guy actually knows how to laugh. In the far corner though, I saw McKenzie and Zach giving us dirty looks.

Oh well.

So, even though it's Monday, lunch and the day in general ended on a high note. We've even invited Sean to meet up with us at my car as we always do, and he accepted. He even invited us to come and see a recital he has during summer.

He was pretty passionate about it.

Anywho...

Fabien and I were on the road going back home. I couldn't wait 'til next week—Spring Break was coming very close. I seriously do need a break. The sun was shining and everything was bright. I wore my dad's pick proudly around my neck and to top it all off, it taunted McKenzie through and through, especially since she lost the show to one of my best friends.

I rounded the corner into our streets and saw our house grow bigger. I parked the car on the driveway and Fabien and I saw Uncle Vic and Aunt Joce looking excited in front of the doorstep. We approached them.

"Hey guys." I greeted them.

"How was your day at school?" Aunt Joce asked.

"Pretty good." Fabien answered, "It's just another Monday."

"So... what's up?" I eyed them.

"Well, your aunt and I have some errands to run and we won't be back 'til tonight." Uncle Vic answered. He smiled so big, I almost thought he was happy to be leaving the comfort of his house.

"And you're excited about that?"

"Well, it's the perfect time for you to catch up."

"Catch up on what?" Fabien asked.

"Let's just say there people here to see you."

"See you guys tonight, and try not to break anything?" Aunt Joce kissed our cheeks and followed Uncle to the truck.

"What?" I gaped.

We walked closer to the door and heard voices coming from the other side.

Huh?