Chap. 4

:D

~Never explain- your friends do not need it, and your enemies will not believe you anyway~ Elbert Hubbard

Fabien and I got out of the car, and started for the front doors of the school. It was a typical day. The sun was out, the grass was green, and McKenzie and her little crew of cronies were there. They were sitting at their claimed territory—on the brick wall that led up to the school.

We walked passed them, and heard them snicker; probably at some stupid joke. Suddenly, we heard McKenzie yell, "Hey! Someone call the cops! The county jail's missing an inmate!"

"With clothes like those, no wonder she's locked up." One of her girlfriends commented.

I scanned my outfit, and I think Fabien read my mind, when he stepped in my line of vision, "Just ignore them Skye, they aren't worth your time."

But...

I ignored him.

I was getting sick and tired of McKenzie's big mouth.

"Skye?! Where are you going?" He called out as I walked next to her and her clique.

I turned around and smirked, "I'm gonna offer them some gum."

He knitted his eyebrows together, clearly not understanding what I meant by that. But he will. As I got closer, the bystanders came suit. Like I said, throughout this month that Fabien and I unwillingly joined their community, most of them treated us fairly well. Most of them also know that Simmons and I just don't get along. So, they're probably crowding because they think shit's about to go down.

Well, it is.

But, my way...

I got to the little group, and all of them glared at me. But if I could have, I would've smacked those off their faces. But alas, I couldn't.

"Can we help you?" McKenzie's girlfriend hissed at me.

Do that again, and I'll adjust your nose for you to save you money on your next nose job, Sweetheart.

I completely ignored Silicone's snide remark as I had a stare down with McKenzie. She tried to look unafraid, but I saw straight through it. She was scared out of her mind. Sarah was right when she said that McKenzie only fucked with me because she probably felt inferior to me—when there's no need to. If only she'd taken the time to understand that, but no. She chose this path to cross me.

Everyone else understood that I'm just trying to live my life until I graduate, but no, she obviously couldn't take me trying to befriend everyone since I came here, literally, my last year of high school. Everyone was cool with everyone in my old school and in the back of my mind I was hoping it would've been the same around here when Fabien and I arrived. But I guess not.

We've been excluded in a way that we didn't understand all of the inside jokes that everyone had, and we still asked "who?" when Sarah or Lolo mentioned someone. Everyone else has known each other since grade school. So, no matter what she does, who still has the upper hand here? It's certainly not me since I still barely know anyone around here.

I shook my head, then reached into my bag. I fished out my spearmint Stride pack of gum, and pulled out two pieces. Extending my arm out to the girl and McKenzie, I said, "Here."

"No, thank you." McKenzie scowled, totally ignoring my once-in-a-lifetime kind gesture towards her.

I shrugged, "Alright, whatever. I mean I just figured... you know, your breath must stink from all that crap that's coming outta your mouths."