Chap. 7

To @meowwkittyy, much love <3

I walked out of the school building, and was expecting to see the three at my car—but lo and behold, it was just Sarah.

I got closer, "Hey Sarah." I greeted.

"Hey Skye."

"Where are the boys?"

"Dunno." She shrugged, "Anyway, I'm almost done with the mixed CD. I'm so excited for Saturday!"

"I know! I am too!"

"Lolo's gonna love what we got him."

Speaking of which.

I took my phone out, and scrolled to the gallery, "Here's a picture of what I got him."

Sarah glanced at it and her eyes went wide, "Whoa, that's awesome! He doesn't have anything like that yet."

"Good, because that's what I was worrying about too."

"Well, no worries."

"I gotta go back today and make the next payment for it."

"Alright." She peeked behind me, "Shit! Here they come! Shh."

I turned around and the boys were walking toward my car. Hopefully, Fabien didn't drop any hints about the party. He can be more of a blabber mouth than me—and that's actually saying something; since this one time I blew Ray's birthday bash a while ago, back in California. I got caked in the face for that.

"Hey Fellas." I greeted.

"Hi." They grinned. They were acting guilty of something.

Well, actually, Fabien; that boy's been acting weird all month—so it's natural.

This all goes back to when I caught him with those bandages wrapped around his wrists. The idea that he was cutting himself is etched in my mind. We forget about boys in society nowadays—they're quieter than girls. Because of that? They're the forgotten ones. They can go through the same shit we do, but no one ever hears about it, because they were told to "tough it out".

I actually saw them freshly wrapped up again, a week after that. This was reminding me of a moment in California when my brother had ended up making a friend a lot older than him. The guy ended up getting arrested; let's just say that he was a bad influence on Fabien. During their acquaintanceship, Nigel made Fabien do things he didn't wanna do; but eventually he ended up wanting to do it. Fabien got pressured into it. He fell for it.

Anyway,

"Where were you guys?" Sarah asked.

"I had to stay awhile after class, and Fabien waited up for me." Lolo confessed.

"Happy birthday Lolo!" Someone called from across the lot.

"Thank you!" He yelled back.

I chuckled, "Relish in this fame, Lolo, because they're all probably gonna forget your name again tomorrow."

"I look forward to it." He rolled his eyes.

Sarah on the other hand looked like she planned this whole thing out.

Oh wait.

She did.

"So, guess what?!" I clapped my hands together.

"What?" They looked at me.

"I might be getting a job!"

"Oh yeah!" Fabien snapped his fingers, remembering the exciting news.