Chap. 12

Oh here we go...

"Yeah, she's awesome."

"Well, I'm glad you found someone." I chuckled.

"I miss talking to you, Skye."

"Yeah, I miss you too."

"Hopefully next time, I'll take you back to California with me." He chuckled on the other line.

I laughed, "Back to California, huh? We'll see."

"Alright." He sighed.

"Actually, no. I'm the one that you should be asking that to."

"Whatever." He laughed, "So, what's been happening before I left?"

"Not much. Just school and all this other stuff."

"Sounds fun." He laughed, "Has Connor finally manned up?"

"Y—" As I was about to answer back, a knock came on my door, "Oh. Hold on, Greyson." I covered the bottom half of my phone and called out through the door, "Yeah?"

"Skye?" Connor answered back.

Speak of the Devil.

"Come in!" I answered then went back to my phone conversation, "Hey. Uhm, I have to go."

"What? So soon? Why? Is that Connor?" He teased.

"Shut up, Greyson." I smiled, "Besides, you're just taking too much of my valuable time."

"Good. More time with me, than him."

"You're talking to someone!"

"All I heard was there was still hope for Skyeson."

"Uh huh. What is Skyeson?" I rolled my eyes, while Connor on the other hand looked beyond pissed.

"Our 'ship' name. My cousin taught it to me. Talk to ya soon, Skye."

"Bye weirdo!"

The line went dead.

"Who was that?" Connor asked immediately.

I shrugged, "Greyson." He nodded, but still looked mad, "Connor, you have nothing to worry about." I got up from my bed.

"Nothing to worry about, my ass. The girl that I'm in love with happened to be flirting with an ex-boyfriend on the phone. Sh-yeah, nothing to worry about."

"Connor, you're getting worked up over nothing." I laughed.

He shook his head, "No. You told me that you wanna take things slow, and I respect that. But dammit Skye, Greyson? I thought you dumped him? Honestly, You're becoming a..."

"I'm becoming what?" I prodded, "What, Connor? A what?"

"A whore!" I slapped him immediately and he held his cheek, "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

He stepped toward me, but I stepped back, "Yes, you did." I crossed my arms, "Connor, how long have you known me for?"

"Long." He muttered.

"Have I ever done anything to make you or any of our friends for that matter, not trust me?

"No." He scratched his head.

"Exactly." I glared at him, "Connor, besides Greyson, you're the only one I've ever had feelings for, even against your brother! You have known me for years and when I say it's nothing and not to worry about it, I actually mean it, don't worry about it."