Chap. 14 ll

• Dedicated to to all the crappy 1D fanfics

A/N: The following is not true. In case some of you nutcases out there gets the idea that all of this is really going on. -.-

Music class flew by. The substitute didn't entertain us as well as Uncle Mick does. I was in French, fifteen minutes away from the end of class. I was spacing out, already in Spring Break mode—and thinking about Fabien. As my teacher kept talking, the door opened and an office T.A came through the door holding a yellow slip.

Madame Saunders looked up from the note, "Mademoiselle Brooks."

Again?

I scooted out of my chair and grabbed the note. I skimmed it and said for me to go to the principal's office after school. The explanation I can think of for this is because of Fabien. I folded the note in half and slid it in my back pocket. I glanced at the clock and we were now five minutes before the bell rang.

I began putting my stuff in my backpack without making that much noise, since Madame was still lecturing. My desk was cleared and the bell finally rang. I got out of the classroom and went straight to my locker to get some other books out that I needed for homework over the break.

People were staring at me, and giving me looks.

I kept my head faced toward my locker, but that didn't stop people from gossiping about me right behind my back.

Literally.

They had Zach and Fabien's names in their mouths. I didn't care about them talking about Zach, but when it came to my brother... for crying out loud, they weren't even saying Fabien's name right.

I heard the names: Damien, Fabio, dear Lord, I heard Fazio. Where do people come up with these names? Or were they purposely forgetting? It was beginning to piss me off; especially since they were getting Zach's name perfectly.

I slammed my locker door shut and that echoed throughout the hall. Everyone that was there, everyone that was just talking like they knew all of the fucking details, stopped and stared. I turned around and faced all of them.

"You guys really don't have lives do you? You guys weren't there, were you?! You didn't see what happened from beginning to end, DID YOU?!" I yelled, "NO! You didn't! You guys don't know shit. And for what it's worth...?" I looked directly at the people whose voices I heard weren't getting Fabien's name right, "If you're gonna have someone's name in your mouth? At least have the fucking decency to say it right. My name is Skye, by the way. Like that blue region up there?" I pointed, "Above your pathetic heads."

I fixed my bag strap on my shoulder and walked away from my locker, making my way to the office. It felt like my first day of school here when everyone was staring at me. It didn't matter to me then, and it doesn't matter to me now.

I was almost to the office when my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I looked at the caller ID.

Ray.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Skye? Where you at? Everyone's here at your car."

"I have to go to the principal's office."

"What?! Why?"

"I dunno. But I'll see you guys in a bit."

"B—"

I hung up before he could finish his sentence. I entered the main office and walked up to the secretary. "Excuse me?"

The lady looked up. It was the same lady from the very first day; the one that'd given me and Fabien our class schedules, "Yes, may I help you?"