Chapter Eighty Seven

[Belem's POV]

The stone was freezing against my back, the position he had put me in now forcing my arms apart and the cold air hugged me from all sides. Perhaps this was normal for being whipped, there were supports around that suggested it, but it was knew to me, and uncomfortable, like I was baring myself to him.

When his whip licked my chest my chest I was repelled forwards, my arms straining as I tried to sink deeper into the stone, the blaze of fire the soft little touch left in its wake was enormous and I cried out in surprise.

Painful but brief, a lingering burn, nothing but a hiss. And when I looked down and saw that thin pink mark I asked myself what this was, what sort of whip it was, what kind of magic he was using to make it painfully gentle.

I was wide eyed as I looked up at him, mouth ajar. His expression had changed, but it was still calm and unaffected, the ruthless darkness that hovered over him seemed like it floated above his shoulders and was not carried by him at all. A man in control of all of his evil.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, still tense waiting for the next strike.

He cocked his head. "You wanted me to beat you..."

I swallowed, nodding. "This... This won't kill me."

He ran his fingers across the length of the whip and pulled it back again. "No. It won't." The he struck again.

I cried out, the searing pain stretched across my chest and caused my muscles to flex as I tried to twist away, gasping for air, my brain wholly focussed on the delicious pain that caused every inch of me to tense up. The hint of fear that swam along beside the growing pool of lust in my stomach made me want to hide my face, close my eyes, disguise myself.

So I closed them, and when the next hit came down I focussed on trying to keep my brain occupied, distracted from the pain and the way it travelled through me. Still the image of this strange haunting man who had me cast in vulnerable clay unable to raise an arm to my defence, it remained in my head, making my breath quicken.

"Eyes." He said suddenly.

I swallowed, my throat was dry, and made a noise that sounded vaguely questioning.

"Open your eyes." He ordered, not louder but harsher, a warning echoing in his tone that seemed to pull out an immediate reaction from me, my eyes flickering open.

 I stared at him, unable to hide my fear anymore.

Who was this man and what did he want?

He didn't ask questions...

He didn't leave me scarred or bloody.

He wasn't smiling or laughing.

"Close them again and I'll turn the whip to a lower angle." He said calmly, eyes dark and dangerous.

My heart was beating fast, I licked my lips but my mouth was dry. "Why?"

He didn't say anything, just pulled back and struck again.

I inhaled my own scream, gasping as lust ransacked my brain and left me bereft of thought or reason. I automatically turned back to look at him, eyes wide, begging... but I wasn't sure what I wanted.

He returned the gaze with an easy dark look, but I thought I saw something like fire deep within them that burned bright for a moment but was hidden the moment he moved.