Chapter One Hundred and Fifty Eight

It was a skill, I realised, to distract someone so easily.

I'd always wondered who had taught him how to kiss so possessively that ones toes curled from heat.

I assumed he played when he was free from the palace, and the thought left me a little sore, but at the very least, he was not still drifting after the ghost of his passed lover because his heart was forever devoted to her. Instead he missed a friend, and held himself responsible, which I could only rebuke him for.

I struggled for a moment, to regain back control, his hand already clasping around my wrists and holding them together, I saw his eye glance toward the free piece of cloth I'd used to bind him and panicked, jolting as his free hand nearly successfully distracted me as it ran up my thigh and over my cock.

"Wait, wait!" I whispered, my voice breathless. "I still have questions!"

There was a low laugh spilled out of his lips as his fingers found purchase on the strip of fabric. "Ask your questions then." He dared me, and I panicked as he dragged it across my chest, heat unfurling inside my belly.

"Demos..." I groaned, my brows furrowed, eyes desperate.

He kissed me lightly on the lips, a dark glimmer in his eyes, something mournful and aching behind them, something he was trying to bury in blood that subserviently flowed south. "I promise not to let you lose your voice?"

He kissed my neck and I shivered. "You can't promise that..." I whispered, tilting my head up instinctively, feeling the lips find purchase on my skin, the spark of pleasure made my cock jerk and my chest feel tight. "Please..."

"Hmm?" He pretended not to hear me.

The lips nibbling at my neck were most definitely distracting, my heart was already racing ahead of me. So I spoke fast, competing with time.

"Maybe I should have waited, maybe you would have told me on your own, but you must understand I had to know! You promised to answer all of my questions! If I am truly yours!"

There was a sharp punishing nip at my neck and I jolted, swallowing nervously. "Demos?"

He pulled back and I saw the dark look on his face, eyes full of buried mourning, a discomfort at being placed naked in front of me for any length of time, and a raw desire that made my skin feel hot.

Suddenly aware of how my legs were pulled to either side of him I watched as he raised the fabric to my lips and my heart pounded loudly in my chest. "If you make no noise at all you'll still have the voice to ask questions later." He replied slyly.

Then took the fabric and grabbed my wrists.

"Demos!" I struggled.

[Lady Thera's POV]

My untimely visitor was not leaving, he was intolerable, and I was quick to learn that his status was above mine, as far as I could gauge from the family he expressed to be a part of.

Though in all reality it should not have been, as powerless a lord on that side of the family must have been, although at face value I was below him I really had more power than him.

It was clear, when living inside the palace, that that side of the family was fairly obviously held at a distance, so much so that they barely spent any time at the palace at all.

Still I could not simply send him away and therefor had to tolerate him, him and all his strange questions and avoidances of my own.

He asked to hear me recite my poetry, which, while not an uncommon desire, was nearly absurd for an apparent stranger to request of me. Even worse the way the balding gentleman requested it came in heavy tones of condescension.