Chapter Twenty Five

[A/N] Sorry I'm late, I was catching up on all the Thai dramas I missed... So good. (///v///)

The room swam a little before my eyes as he gestured towards the opposite end of the room. I realised with a start that this would not be performed by the guard or the timoria (people in charge of punishment). Or if it was to be executed by the proper forces then it would be taking place in front of the King and I think I could not imagine a greater humiliation.

I stepped forward slowly, my legs felt numb and awkward.

In the back of my mind a voice whispered to me that the further I walked into this room... the less opportunity for escape.

What was it that held me back? Fear of the King? Fear was something shrewdly embedded in my character but it did not dictate my thoughts or actions. I was vocal about my fear, unambiguous in showing it, but when push came to shove I was brave or stubborn enough to go with what my mind told me over my easily frightened heart.

I stood shyly in the spot he gestured for me to stand in, unsure where to stand, what to do, even how best to breathe.

"Unless you want your pretty outfit stained ripped you'll remove it." There was a slight tug at his lips like he might be smiling but I wasn't sure and the way the shadows covered all of his face but his eyes I felt sure I must be looking at a demon.

I was terribly nervous. Taking of my clothes, even if the lower half was detachable and did not need to be removed, it felt revealing. Would he be able to tell I was an outsider from the skin on my back?

No, I reasoned, it's my eyes they notice, the darkness around my eyes and the slight tanned skin.

But my hands didn't believe me and as they rose up to the stretchy fabric of the upper half they froze and I felt my gaze stiffen.

"It makes no real difference to me," He told me.

I took a deep breath and pulled my shirt over my head.

The wind was slightly chilly on my bare skin, though still much warmer than my own room. I felt my nipples tense up and my arms stiffened at my side.

"Place your hands on the pillar." He ordered, little change in the tone of his voice from normal.

I put a hand on the mahogany pillar of the four poster bed, caressing it uncertainly.

"Of the bed?" I asked in a hushed voice.

He walked up and took both of my wrists into his hands. I shivered, his fingers were calloused and rough and his hand in its entirety bigger than mine by a thimble. My own fingers were long and slender and painted white and it made for a strange contrast between the two of us.

The King was in no rush, he pulled both my wrists up against the pillar and murmured in my ear, "Be still." So I was.

I watched him walk away and pull something loose of a garment of some kind and I saw that it was a ribbon from a silken bathing robe. He walked towards me, taking his time as I felt every muscle in me begin to tense up, like a frightened rabbit.

My hands shook slightly as he gripped them again and forced me to turn so that my back was facing him and my head was on the side facing his bed as he tied my hands to the pillar.

It was a truly bizarre situation to be in. Because not only was I frightened but there was something dark and wanton inside of me that felt that the occasion was appropriate to rise and take in my surroundings.