Chapter Thirty Four

[A/N] By now I should have warned you all enough that this is a noncon book and so this is a final heavy trigger warning. If you find scenes with noncon offensive, or even just annoying... this is a good time to stop. Thank you for voting and commenting I read them all. :)

Lots of consensual kisses, BN.

[Elpis's POV]

My heart was racing.

He towered over me and my vision was suddenly filled with him.

"Should we find out?" He asked me. His expression looked dangerous, an evil smirk on his face.

"Find out... what?" I asked.

He chuckled. "You don't know if that paint tastes bitter and I want to find out." He purred.

My heart beat so hard I was sure he must be able to hear it or at the very least feel it.

I couldn't control the heat that blossomed inside of me but despite this my thoughts immediately went to Eudocia, my future wife, hopefully.

I couldn't be doing this!

Not to mention the fact that he was the bloody king. The complications of an affair with a man of such calibre would be dire if only that. I would probably leave without my head. This was not a boat I wished to sail. He was alluring, like a sparkling flame or a cast of molten gold I wanted to put my hand in the fire and see how it felt or put my hand inside the cast and see how the gold formed around me but any such action would have me dead in the end.

I needed to get away.

Now.

"You mistake my intentions! It does taste bitter, very bitter!"

He laughed, an unusual twinkle in his eyes.

"But only minutes ago you told me you didn't know...." He paused. "Did you lie?" He sounded as though he was making fun of me and I disliked it.

I moved, turning on my side to get towards the edge of the bed in order to get away as I spoke. "I don't know! I don't know if I did, I must go!"

But it took only a matter of seconds for the King to grab a hold of my wrists and pin me to the bed, pressing the full weight of his body down upon mine so that I was not able to move anywhere.

I gasped in shock and at first froze, before I remembered to move, to struggle.

I tried to move my legs, at least swing them sideways so that they could come off the bed but the power of his body left me no way to move them. The heat and the craziness of the situation had me gasping for air.

When I flailed my arms he tightened his grip on my wrists and it felt like he had pressed on some kind of switch inside of me. A fire burned. I wanted more and I wanted to get away at the same time.

I wanted to struggle and see how far I could push this untouchable man who had me restrained on those soft silk covered pillows.

How strong was he? What was the limit to my own power?

That burn drove me to try harder. I flailed and tried to kick, lift my hips and swing my head but nothing allowed me to move any further than where he wanted me and everything I did added alcohol to that burning flame.

I felt a heat come over me. Something I had never, ever in my life experienced before.

I wanted the man more than anything and yet I wanted to struggle as well. Wanted to pull away and duck and hide and be caught and dragged back to the bed. Feel those calloused hands put me in my place...