Chapter Fifty Six

[A/N] You'll be familiar with IdolizedSonic as I've shown their art before. I've actually been holding onto this for a while, waiting for the next update. I think this is my favourite of their work. Very impressive. The hyperlink attached to this story will take you to the original post with the full image and all of their work available to view. Thank you love.

"Afraid of me?" He asked, his dark devilish eyes seemingly pinning back against the bushes of the garden.

There were no walls surrounding us and yet it felt as though I was placed between two boulders, and there was no why or where to run.

I tried to wrestle my racing heart into submission as I looked up at him.

"No." I said, still feeling short of breath, my voice quiet so that I would not stutter by accident. "No, Your Majesty." I repeated myself, slightly louder as I found my strength, and more polite to match his status.

He squinted at me, as I looked up into his eyes I thought I might have seen humour in them, though that could have just as easily have been annoyance. It was sometimes impossibly difficult to read exactly what he was thinking when his face was naturally so impassive and cold. As though he was made from ice, yet he was so very warm.

He kept an arm around my waist but raised his right up to my cheek and stroked it with the back of his knuckles.

"What is it about me that frightens you?" He asked.

I swallowed, my fear climbing to my chest. "Nothing..." I said quietly.

He smiled. "Nothing?" He asked me as his hand moved from my cheek lower down and slowly wrapped around my neck.

My heart beat loud enough that I could hear my heart been pounding in my ears. His hands were not gripping my neck, just placing a gentle pressure on it, almost as though he wanted me to feel each individual finger pressing on me, the heat of his palm sinking into my neck as I was forced to stand straighter my head lifting up, his thumb brushing over my Adam's apple as he moved.

An unpredictable warmth travelling through my body as his controlling hand held me still and did not move.

"Nothing." I whispered. 

A spark in those dark eyes as they watched me. "You are afraid," His voice rumbled, "Because you know just how much control I have over you. More than that of even a King." He grinned, showing a sliver of those pearly white teeth.

I could barely hear him, it was as though all I could feel, hear and see was him and his hand and the way my blood moved throughout my body, turning southwards. My heart was beating fast and loud, a nervous flurry of beats, as his thumb pressed gently into my neck I knew he could feel it too, could tell how nervous I was, could tell how much he was affecting me.

I looked down, desperate to look away from him. His grip on my neck became tighter, more punishing, though still not hard enough for me to have to strain myself for breath until I turned my eyes back up towards him, narrowly avoiding making eye contact.

"Look at me." He demanded. His voice low.

I obeyed, those blazing eyes seemed to be casting a spell on me.

"I could tell you to do anything I want." He told me. His demanding voice filled with something that I could not recognise. "Couldn't I?"

I gulped, nervousness flowing through my system, but that rough hand against my throat never eased its hold.