1.

I woke up to the annoying screeching of my alarm clock, telling me it's time to get up for another day in hell.. Sorry, I meant school.

I'm Elyse Carter, I'm a senior in high school and have been bullied since I started at Mt. Elmore High School. Other then that my life is pretty average, I have a few friends and a sort of normal family.

I force myself out of bed and to the bathroom, taking my phone with me. I turned the shower on and started the playlist on my phone. Ed Sheeran always helps me wake up in the morning.

Once I was done I wrapped up my hair and went to my closet to look for something to wear. I threw on leggings and a 1975 band shirt. Next I was onto makeup, trying to keep it simple I concealed my dark circles, put on a coat of mascara, and a bit of eyeliner.

Deciding to let my hair air dry I picked up my converse and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I took a bagel and yelled goodbye to my parents, heading out the door. I blasted music in the car to try and distract myself from thinking about the day I was about to face. When I finally arrived I sat in my car a bit, trying to prepare myself.

As I was concentrating I heard a knock on my window, scaring me half to death. I looked up to see my friend Liz, I smiled and unlocked the door for her. She climbed in and said good morning, then instantly dived into her story about the party she went to over the weekend.

I was only half paying attention because I was only seeing one thing, Calum. Him and his lame group of friends were all sitting around his car smoking cigarettes and talking. Calum Hood has been my bully since the very beginning, I had never seen him before he started. It happened one day in the hall when he pushed me against the lockers, I fell down dropping all my books while he and his friends laughed at me.

"It was amazing" Liz concluded, snapping me into reality. "Anyways we better get going, wouldn't wanna be late now would we? " she giggled opening the door. I sighed and opened my door as well, I took one last look at Calum and his friends and followed Liz to the school doors..
______________________

Hi!! This is my first real book so sorry if it sucks! This first chapter was sorta just an introduction to the story. I really hope you all like it and I can continue writing.