6.

The day of graduation:

4 years. 4 years I was forced to sit through abuse by Calum. For 4 years no one helped me, people saw it, people laughed at it but no one stood up to help me. And now here I am the day of graduation sitting in the bathrooms crying just before the ceremony.

You'd think these would be happy tears, but they aren't. Even to the last day of school that I would ever have with him, Calum has found a way to make me cry. I looked in the mirror at my pale face and red eyes, my makeup had run causing black streaks down my cheeks. I ran the water over a paper towel and wiped my eyes trying to make myself look less dead. It didn't work as well as I wanted.

I heard my principal speak through the microphone in the auditorium, we had to move locations from outside due to rain. Isn't it funny how it rains on what was supposed to be one of the best days of my life. I looked out the window as I walked to the auditorium, it looked as sad outside as I feel inside.

I found my seat next to one of my friends and stayed quiet until the ceremony started. People were talking all around me, even my friends around me were trying to talk to me but I wasn't in the mood. My principal tapped the microphone silencing everyone and causing everyone to look forward.

"Welcome parents and students of the class of 2015! Before we get started we have a few people who would like to say a few words." A few people got up, some teachers, parents, even students. It got boring after the first person so I stopped paying attention to the rest of it, waiting until they started handing out the diplomas.

It definitely took a while but finally my principal got back on the microphone, she said a few words before the ceremony truly started. She started calling people, some of them did the speeches they prepared and some just smiled and waved. When she started getting into the last names with C I got a bit nervous, it was going to be my turn soon. Luckily I was on the outside of my row so getting through people wouldn't be a problem.

"Mr. David Campbell" my principal said. He stood up and walked to the stage.

"Mr. Tyler Carr" he walked to the front. Now it was my turn. I took a breath and started standing.

"Ms. Elyse Carter" I started the short walk down the isle. I was too busy smiling up at my principle to notice the foot moving under me. I noticed it once I was tripping over it and falling to the ground. I landed on all 4s luckily not on my face, I didn't have to look up to know who it was and I could already tell by him and quite a few others laughing at me.

I stood up slowly, walking fast up the stage grabbing my diploma with my head down. My principal turned me to look at her and asked if I was okay, I nodded quickly and waved at the rest of the class still sitting and I ran. I ran out of the school as fast as I could, I didn't look back. That was the last time I ever step foot in Mt. Elmore High School.

I ran home to an empty house and ran to my room, I stayed there the rest of the night crying. But the thing that made me stop was the fact that I would never ever have to see Calum fucking Hood again in my life, I would never have to step foot in that school again, and I would never see the kids in my class again. I had a new life ahead of me, I could choose who I wanted to be in college, no one would know that I was bullied in high school. Today is the start of the rest of my life and I'm in control of it. I can do whatever I want with my life from this point on.