18.

I sat awkwardly at my desk while Jack tried to talk about our project, I only gave him short answers or nods. I could tell he was starting to get annoyed but I couldn't care less. I didn't want to be here with him, I didn't want to work with him, I didn't even want to look at him. He reminded me of Luke and that was too much right for me right now.

"We could work on Thursd.. Or not. Um not to be rude but are we even working together on this? He asked. I looked at him with a fake sorry smile.

"Oh yeah, sorry I was just distracted, Thursday sounds fine I'll see you tomorrow in class." I said knowing the bell was about to ring. I stood up as it rang and was about to walk out the door when I felt his hand grab my wrist.

"Maybe I could get your number so we can talk about the project." He said. I didn't want to be rude so I slowly took my phone out and handed it to him. He put his contact information in and handed it back to me. It said Jack Hemmings, even seeing his last name made me want to gag.

I quickly walked to the door and started walking to my next class. Creative writing was my 5th bell class and I loved it. Much like Latin I didn't have any friends but I was always too engulfed in the teacher to care.

We had less kids in this class than any of the required ones, mostly because they skipped it. So when I walked in to only 12 people I wasn't surprised, the bell rang and only a few more people walked in. I took my seat near the front and waited for the class to begin. My teacher walked to the board and took a dry erase marker, she wrote the phrase 'The overcoming of troubles.' She sat at her desk and started explaining the topic.

We were to write a paper about a time in our lives where we were able to overcome a situation. I sighed knowing exactly what I would write about, this shouldn't be hard. My teacher would be the only one to see this so I would have no proem with my secret getting out. She gave us time to work on the project in class, it was due at the end of the week.

I started writing, all the memories started flooding back into my mind and I wrote them all down. I was so absorbed into my writing that I hadn't checked the time and before I knew it, it was time to leave. I had well over half of my story written down so I just stood up, shoved my writing in my folder, and left with everyone else.

I was starting my walk to Calculus when I saw Michael walking towards me. I debated whether or not I should go talk to him, I haven't since earlier when I saw him and Abbie breakup. He made eye contact but dropped his head, obviously he didn't want to talk to me so I kept walking. Calculus was my favorite subject, I have always loved math for some reason.

Class started and ended without much happening and I was soon on my way to my last class, history. Much like Calc, it came and went. I was finally free from school and was able to walk back to my dorms.

I decided to stop and get food at our cafeteria instead of eating at home. I picked up my pizza and started my walk back to the dorms. When I walked through the door I was greeted by a bored looking Calum sat on Abbie's bed. When he heard the door open he shot up and came to me, he took my pizza and started eating some.

"Stop it, why are you even here." I said, grabbing my pizza back. I set my bag down at the foot of my bed and walked over to my small desk to put my binder down. Calum followed me and kept eyeing my pizza, I took a bite just to rub it in.

"I came to see you, but now that I'm here I would really love the rest of that pizza." He said. I laughed and gave him the rest, I wasn't too hungry anyway. He quickly downed the pizza and said thank you with his mouth full. I shook my head and started to work in my Calculus homework. Calum sat beside me on my bed and started looking over my shoulder at my work. I let him be and kept working.

A few minutes into my work I felt his hot breath against my neck and his lips followed shortly after. He slowly started kissing up the side of my neck, me being the ticklish person I am started laughing. He chuckled against my skin and his hand reached out to close my book, dropping it on the floor.

"Calum stop, I have to do my homework." I said, it felt good but I did have a lot of work to do. He pulled away and looked at me, his eyes still full of lust. I almost melted looking at him, maybe I should let him keep doing this. Before I had time to question my logic my phone buzzed from my desk. I got up to get it but Calum reached it first, he looked down at it with a weird expression.

"Wait, why are you talking to Jack Hemmings? Did you forget what happened with Luke?" He questioned. I took my phone from him and read the text.

From Jack:
Are we still good for tomorrow, we could meet at the coffee shop after school.

I sighed and quickly replied with a short "okay" then looked back at Calum. He was still giving me a questioning look, I. Put my phone back before explaining.

"We are working on a Latin project together, we have to meet to talk about it tomorrow." I said. Then I sat back down and opened up my book, working on homework again. We were both sitting on my bed when Calum got a text message. He read it and quickly stood up and put his shoes on.

"I'm sorry, I have got to go talk to Mali. I'll see you tomorrow." She said quickly and he was out the door. That seemed weird, but I continued with my homework. When I had finished my curiosity had gotten the better of me and I decided to send Mali a text asking why she need him so bad.

To Mali:
Is everything alright with you and Calum? He seemed pretty eager to go talk to you.

A few minutes later Mali replied, I stared at her text for a few minutes just trying to take it in.

From Mali:
What are you talking about? I'm eating dinner with Ben, I never asked for Calum.

Yeah chapter 18! We are almost at 2k reads!! Thank you so much, I know I always say this but you guys reading and voting and commenting means so much to me! Thank you again ..