17.

My first kiss was sweet and passionate but it was also with someone I never thought I'd even let close enough to kiss me. Here I was, helpless to Calum and what he was doing, I'd be lying if I said I wanted him to stop. It felt right to have him kiss me like this, not awkward at all. Some people are worried about kissing "wrong" the first time but all my worry washed away a few seconds into the kiss.

He moved his hands to my cheeks and started to deepen the kiss a bit, I let him. He backed us against a wall, when we got there he stopped the kiss and looked into my eyes. As I looked back I noticed how beautiful his eyes were, they seemed to have grown darker from the kiss. He sweetly smiled at me and his lips found mine once again.

We never let the kiss get too heated, which was comforting for me, I didn't want anything to happen more than this... right now. When we finally stopped it was from the noise of the door opening. We quickly pulled apart, like we were doing something bad but it was just Abbie.

She looked up at us and groaned in disgust, I assumed it was probably because of memories of Michael. I wiped my mouth and looked up at Calum before looking back at Abbie. I didn't really know what to do in this situation, Abbie rolled onto her bed and was on her phone so I decided I should go.

I walked out of my room, assuming Calum would follow behind. When we were in the hallway I started truly thinking about what this all meant to me. I felt calm with Calum and he was beginning to actually mean something to me. I knew he probably didn't feel the same way but being the naïve girl I was optimistic.

"Umm.. So.," I said awkwardly, not knowing what to do in these situations. I stared up at him, waiting for him to somehow relieve the tension. He only smiled down at me and kissed me quickly again.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to be able to do that. That's what I was trying to say earlier in your room." He said. I felt so incredibly happy and relieved it was unbelievable, it was a weird feeling. I never thought about my feelings for Calum, I'd always pushed any positive thought of him back in my head. I always told myself I hated him for what he did to me but in reality I had always felt something for him.

Calum and I stood there for a while, not talking, just looking and smiling at each other. It wasn't awkward but it was peaceful. I didn't know what else to say or what I wanted him to say so silence was better then messing all of this up. Calum leaned his head down but instead of kissing me again he simply put his forehead on mine and closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to but I've got to go to my next class. Maybe we can hang out later, I'll see ya." He said quietly before backing away and walking away. I stood smiling at myself when he started walking but he turned and saw me, making him chuckle and wave. I blushed and waved back then walked back into my dorm.

I didn't even care that Abbie was still lying around looking miserable, I didn't want her to bring my mood down. I fell onto my bed with a light sigh and smiled up at the ceiling. I heard shuffling on my side and turned to see Abbie dragging herself out of bed. She grabbed her bag and walked out the door, I didn't mind though.

I checked the time in my phone and saw it was 12:15. I still could go to some of my classes, skipping really wasn't something I should be doing. I've been skipping my classes way too much, I never did this back in high school. So I pulled myself off my bed and grabbed my bag.

Latin was my 4th bell class and although I hated it, I still needed to pass my classes. The class started at 12:30 and I got there at about 12:24, not too late or too early. I was forced to take Latin in high school but still manage to suck at it each year I take it. This class was the most boring out of all of mine.

I walked in and most of the class was full, I didn't know anyone in this class and hadn't made a move to get to know anyone. Most of the people acted like they were too good or too smart for everyone else, which annoyed me. I found a seat in the back of the class and waited for the teacher to start the lesson. A few minutes into the bell he announced that we would be doing a partnered project... great. He would be choosing the partners and we would have to create a presentation about the passage of the Odyssey we were reading.

I quietly groaned and looked around the classroom to see all my choices, not the best. He went on talking about requirements and due dates but I wasn't really listening. I waited until he handed out the syllabus to start listening. I looked over the sheet, great this sounded like so much fun.

My teacher walked to the front of the room, behind his desk, and grabbed a piece of paper. He was about to read off the partners he assigned us and my nerves were through the roof. He started calling off names of my classmates but I wasn't hearing mine.

"Alyssa and Britney" he started

"Myles and Anna" he continued.

Still no mention of my name, by now almost every other kid had been partnered. This was killing me, why was I last to find out.

"Leo and Mackenzie" he read. I mentally groaned.

"Finally, Elyse and Jack." He finished. I looked around the class, I didn't know a Jack. I made eye contact with a blonde boy who oddly resembled someone. The teacher gave us the rest of the class to get together with our partners. I stood still and waited for a Jack to find me, the blond boy from earlier slowly approached me.

"Uh, hi I'm Jack. I'm assuming your Elyse." He said, sticking his hand out. Wow how polite, I shook his hand and smiled up at him. And that's when I realized why he looked so familiar...
He was Luke's older brother.

I'm sorry if this sucks its 12 am and I'm writing this before I go to bed. As always thank you for reading and voting, you guys should comment more. I always respond and it would be cool to talk to more of you, cuz I'm lame and no one else will hahaha.