28.

(Basically a part 1 of the party)

I stepped into the house and observed the space around me. All I saw was beer, cheesy decorations, and many disgusting people obviously trying to get laid. The house looked normal except for the lame orange and black party streamers and a million teenagers crowding every room.

Both Calum and I took a moment to absorb our surroundings, standing in the doorway before he took my hand and walked us to the kitchen. When I say walked, I really mean squeezed us through herds of sweaty people that blocked every space in the house.

Calum took the liberty of grabbing himself a beer and getting me some fruity drink in a red solo cup. I trusted his decision considering he's been to a ton more parties than me.

Looking at all of the costumes the girls were wearing made me feel excluded. I wasn't in the usual 'sexy' attire but unlike outside, all the people in here were to busy to even notice my outfit.

"Do you wanna go dance?" He yelled over the deafening music. I nodded and let him lead me to one of the crowded rooms.

He chose what looked to be like a living room, the TV hanging above the fireplace was covered in streamers and who knows what else. All of the furniture had been pushed against a wall, leaving the floor completely open.

I didn't know that name of the song playing but the thumping bass and vulgar lyrics made it sound like every other "party song" in the world. Somehow everyone else in the room knew how to dance to it but I was completely lost.

Calum had found an empty space towards the middle of the room and instantly let the music take over his body. He moved expertly around the floor as I stood back and watched in astonishment.

How does everyone else know how to dance but me?

Calum opened his eyes to see me standing still and frowned. He took hold of both of my hands and stared swaying in an attempt to make me dance. I ended up just laughing at myself and apologizing.

"I can't dance!" I yelled to him. He dropped my hands and shook his head at me.

"Everyone can dance!" He claimed. I laughed at his statement because clearly it was not true at all. In an attempt to prove my point I started to do the 70's disco move. He along with many drunk people around us laughed at my dance but I continued.

Calum was grabbing his stomach in laughter before I finally stopped and gave him an 'I told you so' look. I downed the rest of my drink hoping to get some type of courage.

I felt the alcohol warm my body as it went down, making my cheeks flush slightly. I still wasn't used to drinking but if every drink tasted like that one, I could get used to it.

The song changed to some other upbeat party song. Calum had once again let the music take over him, letting his body do the work as he moved effortlessly. Some girls around us started to pay attention to him...too much attention.

One girl dresses as a "nurse" tried dancing on the side of him, getting closer with each beat. Calum was to engrossed in his dancing to notice this blonde so I decided to stop it myself.

I backed up against him, my back to his front, and slowly swayed to the music. I couldn't see his face but I felt him jump a bit before slowly wrapping his hands around my waist. His hands locked below my stomach as he swayed with me. My plan had worked as the blonde was already rubbing against some other guy.

I let my head fall against Calum's chest as I felt myself melt into his strong arms. We were totally off beat to the music but it didn't matter, our gentle movements meant more than the others who were practically humping their partner's leg.

After a while I lifted my head up to see his face, "Can we get another drink please." He quickly nodded before guiding us both back into the kitchen.

The kitchen had somehow doubled its amount of alcohol since we'd last been here. The countless bottles of beer and vodka that lined the counters made me wonder how many more people had come in that short amount of time.

"What do you want?" Calum asked over the music while he poured his drink into his old cup.

"Surprise me!" I yelled. I watched as he poured vodka in with a flavor mixer into my cup.

Taking my drink from him I let myself taste it as he grabbed his beer. Normally the alcohol burned my throat on its way down but this was different, the sour apple mix perfectly mellowed out the vodka, easily making it the best drink I've ever had.

Instead of dancing to the annoying music playing, Calum and I sat in the kitchen for a while. We looked at people as they passed, seeing all the unoriginal costumes they wore. From the kitchen we had a perfect view of a lot of the house, we could see the front door, the back door, the stair leading upstairs, the basement, all three rooms currently being used for dancing, and two bathrooms.

I looked at the front door, watching the new people walking in. I saw three boys walk in together, all dressed in different, terrible outfits. I payed no attention to them as I felt Calum tug at my hand, asking to go back to dance, so we did.

I took a large gulp of my drink and followed Calum into the living room. It had somehow gotten messier, the floor covered with empty cups, torn streamers, and various other pieces of garbage. I stepped carefully over all of them until we finally found an open spot.

This drink felt stronger than my last one and I could feel myself slowly slipping away with every drink. I knew I would be drunk soon but that didn't scare me like it normally did. Being with Calum made me feel safe. Safe to have fun, safe to let loose.

My sour drink slowly took over my body as I let myself "dance" with Calum.

The music thumping in the background was talking about dirty dancing so I decided to try it out. Everyone else in the stuffy room was either rubbing against someone or practically making a child with them. Of course I decided to go with the first group.

I backed up slowly against Cal and let my hips take over, moving them to the beat of the song. I started getting better as the song progressed and he let me know by wrapping his arms around me and by quietly panting behind me. I felt like I fit in at this party, I was doing what every other girl here was doing.

The song changed to a faster one, making my hips speed up to match it. My eyes closed for a moment, letting the music and my surroundings wash over me.

When I opened them back up I saw the three boys I saw earlier by the door, except this time I could really see them.

It was Luke, Michael, and Ashton and they were all looking at me and laughing at something.

Hahahahahahah the "dirty dancing" was weird to write so it's probably weird to read so I'm sorry! But I hope you like it, 29 will be like a continuation off of this.

Also we are so close to getting this book to 10k reads which makes me so so so happy. Thank you so much for reading this and commenting and voting. Even if 10k isn't a ton, it's unbelievable that my book is even being read by anyone but my mom. So thank you so much.xx.

Also please comment your feedback on this cuz i really like talking to you all!!