10.

"Elyse... Elyse Carter?"

The air that once filled my lungs was gone. Why did this have to happen to me? I thought I'd never have to see this boy ever again, silly me for thinking I could live a happy life. At this point I was terrified, I had no idea how he's feeling or what's going through his head.

I couldn't stay there, even looking at him made me feel sick to my stomach. All the fear that I lived with through high school was here again and I don't think I can handle it. So I did the only think that seemed logical. I ran.

I put my head down and ran out of the door, I felt tears dripping down my face. No one came out to help me or check on me so I sat on the curb and called a taxi service to take me to my dorm. The call was brief and the driver got there relatively fast, which I was grateful for. As I left the parking lot I saw the band begin to play, Calum looked different from his normal arrogant self, he honestly looked as scared as I was.

The drive back to school was boring, the driver played some Mexican radio the whole time and hummed along while I was left in the back, thinking about everything.

Was college really this important to me, is it worth the fear I've dealt with for so many other years of my life? What if I just quit, it wouldn't be so bad, I could maybe find a job that didn't require college education. Maybe McDonalds will take me in.

I was thinking too far into this I would probably never see him at school, he wasn't in any of my classes that's a good sign. I didn't want to stop hanging out with Luke though, I felt terrible for leaving him like that. Maybe I should've said bye at least, what if he thinks it's something he did.

I sighed and payed the driver before I finally stepped out of the taxi and onto the familiar campus, maybe I could get used to this being my home. The odds of seeing Calum seemed slim and by the looks of it he wouldn't be making any grand gestures to see me intentionally. I enjoyed the short walk to the dorms, taking in the scenery and people watching as they passed me. Some seemed happy, others walked in groups gossiping or laughing, there were scattered couples walking hand in hand. I really wanted that with someone, more then I've wanted anything in a while.

As I walked into my dorm room I sighed in relief and plopped down onto my bed. It was only 9 pm but it seemed like it was 12. I'd had a pretty long day maybe I should get ready for class tomorrow and go to sleep, not like I had anyone else to hang out with. I changed quickly and got my bag ready for tomorrow before hopping back into bed.

I would have to face Luke tomorrow, explain why I ditched him if he would even talk to me. I probably confused everyone by just running off like that but even being in the same room as him made me feel physically unsafe. I had never told anyone that Calum had bullied me, not my parents or friends, but maybe it was time. If I told one of his friends they could understand, maybe even protect me?

I was lost in thought when my phone rang on the nightstand, I reached over and unplugged the phone from its charger before answering. It was thankfully just Mali not one of the other people I would be trying to avoid.

"Hello?" I said a bit taken aback by her call.

"Oh thank god, Hi Elyse I was wondering if we could actually go to dinner. I know it's late but I'm sat in my dorm alone and bored, if you've already eaten that's fine too." She said quickly. This reminded me that the last meal I ate was a salad at the school cafeteria for lunch. I had skipped dinner, my mom would be very disappointed in me.

"Uh yeah sure, let me get changed and I'll meet you outside the dorms." I said already getting up and changed.

She replied with a great before we hung up and I hurried to get ready. I didn't even think to ask where we were going but I assumed skinny jeans and a crop top will do. I took a piece of gum, keys, and phone before running out of my room. Mali was leaning against a tree waiting for me, I felt bad for making her wait but ran to her suddenly excited to be out of my room.

"Is it cool if we take my car," Mali asked "no offense or anything but I like being in control of the music." She said happily. I nodded my head and she linked our arms, pulling me towards her car.

The car ride itself was pretty fun, conversations about school and her music choices, I must say she does have pretty a good taste in music. I decided that I liked Mali, she was fun and always up for something. She seemed adventurous, how I wanted to be, and not afraid to be herself, also how I want to be. I'm glad we got English together, it should make tomorrow a little more enjoyable.

When we got to the small diner I instantly fell in love, it had gorgeous lights surrounding it and seemed really retro. The inside looked even better, the small area was lit mainly with those Christmas light things but it was surprisingly bright. There was a small stage with makeshift spotlights facing the center. The waiters and waitresses all dressed in place clothing and small green aprons. It wasn't crowded but it was obvious the place was known by many, we were just here at an odd time.

I stood in awe of the magnificent set up, being snapped back into reality when a pleasant woman guided us to our seats by a window. Everything about this place was beautiful, I would definitely be coming here more often.

"I know right," Mali seemed to have caught on to my reaction. "I come here all the time, it's absolutely gorgeous and the people here are so nice." Mali looked around the room, taking in her surroundings.

"It's amazing " I say dumbly. That's the only sentence that came to my mind. She smiled at me and I took that time to check over the menu. Everything sounded good, I was actually in love with this place.

Our waiter came to our table shortly after, we ordered our drinks and food and he was off. Mali and I talked about a lot it was amazing, there was never a dull moment. If this is what college is like I could surely get used to it. The dinner was going great when I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I forgot about manners and reached to get it, I didn't have the number saved.

Unknown: hi this is Calum, I got your number off Luke. There's something we should talk about can we meet later ...

OMG GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 600 READS!!! IT MEANS SO MUCH,REALLY. HONESTLY THIS STORY SUCKS BUT I ALWAYS LOVE TO HERE YOUR FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENTS,SO PLEASE KEEP READING AND COMMENTING!!! THANK U ILY