32.

Dinner with Mali went by quickly, it was filled with conversations about anything we thought up. I always had a good time when I was hanging out with Mail. She's a happy, chirpy person that never failed to brighten my mood.

We shared a chocolate cake before splitting the bill and leaving. She dropped me off at my dorm before leaving to get to hers. It's been a pretty long day, starting off in jail but ending on a high note. Im just glad tomorrow is Sunday, a day where I can just relax.

It was 9 pm by the time I was settled into my room, it felt naked now that all of Abbie's things were out of it. I still wanted answers about why she left but I was too tired to think about that right now. I was too tired to think about anything really, I just wanted to lie down and sleep.

I changed out of my clothes, the ones from the party last night. My loose sweatpants were a nice change from the tight skinny jeans of my costume. I crawled into my bed and quickly got under the covers, letting the warmth consume me. I was drifting off into sleep when I heard the door open, I really have to remember to start locking it at night.

I shot up in my bed to see Michael standing in my doorway. He looked a little shaken up as he steadily walked into my room, leaving the door cracked behind him.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes before pushing myself out of bed. Michael stopped right in front of me, letting out a shaky breath.

"Elyse, do you know where Abbie is?" He looked scared as he asked me, he was biting the inside of his cheek. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked up at him.

"Uh she left this morning, she said she was moving to a different room or something. Why are you here asking me this?" I looked at the clock on Abbie's old nightstand, it read 2:28.

"And you didn't stop her? That didn't seem even a little bit odd to you?!" He sounded angry with me now, even in the dark room I could see his face was growing red. His quick mood change scared me but I didn't let him see that.

"Why? What happened?" I didn't know what was happening but I didn't like it at all.

"Abbie is gone and no one knows we're she went." He said with an unreadable expression. I was still confused as to why this really mattered and why it wasn't possible that she was just out or something.

"Sorry but why would Abbie just get up and leave, why do you even think something's wrong." I asked, probably sounding stupid.

"Elyse, I don't know if you ever knew this but the reason I broke up with Abbie was because she had been cheating on me with Luke. After we broke up they started dating officially," He took a breath before continuing, "well I guess you could say that she hasn't been a good influence on him, she's told him to do things that have gotten him in a lot of trouble. But Abbie's still a good kid I guess, she never misses any classes but she hasn't been at school for the past 3 days." My mind was racing with all of this new information, I didn't know what to think.

I didn't quite understand what all of this meant, it was a little weird if you think about it. This meant Abbie and Luke have sort of been "working together" to do bad things. It sounded kind of weird to be honest.

"What do you mean he's been getting into trouble? And isn't it possible that Abbie just needed a vacation or something." I asked. His hand ran through his messy hair as he looked down at me.

"Um. If Abbie doesn't like you, she normally really doesn't like you at all. She was always too timid to approach the people she doesn't like so when she met Luke she started asking him to do things for her. Abbie did the same to me but I never felt comfortable doing mean things to innocent girls, it never felt right, so I guess that's why she started cheating on me." He explained.

My breathing hitched as I thought back to my first party, to all the things Luke tried to do. Luke's been horrible to me when I didn't do anything wrong to him. All along I thought he hated me but in reality it was Abbie.

"And to answer your other question, no. It's not like Abbie at all to just get up and leave, no one knows where she is not even Luke." He sounded serious.

"Is that why Luke tried to do that thing to me?" I completely ignored his last statement, as I looked up at him, his expression changed. He took a deep breath before replying.

"Luke has never done anything like that, not to anyone. I mean I remember at the start of the year Abbie mentioned that she didn't like you but that was before I knew how crazy she was." I could tell he was sorry just by his eyes. "Calum and I eventually figured it out when we saw you two but I never thought it had anything to do with Ab, that's why I kept dating her. I'm so sorry I couldn't have helped you sooner."

My mind was clouded with the memories of Luke at that party. I got a chill just thinking about it.

"No, it's a.. It's fine don't worry about it. So where do you think Abbie went, what do you think she's doing?" I asked quickly, trying to change the subject.

"We honestly have no idea but it's probably not going to be good." He said simply.

"So then what are we going to do about it?" I didn't really want to be a part of this but I did miss having Michael around.

"Well there's nothing we really can do, just wait I guess." I was back to being confused but I didn't have time to dwell on it because soon enough my door was opening again. In walked a tired looking Calum, he had bags under his red and his hair was unusually messy.

I had an odd rush of feelings when I finally saw him, I felt relieved to know he was okay but at the same time I was beyond pissed at him for what he had done the night before.

He seemed confused to see Mikey already standing in my room in the dead of night but that didn't stop him from running up to me and embracing me in one of the tightest hugs I've ever felt.

His head was placed easily in the crook of my neck as he bent down to hug me.

"I missed you so much." He whispered into my hair. And even though I shouldn't, I smiled the biggest smile I could muster.