11.

Before tonight I never knew that Mali was Calum's sister that was until I showed her the text, thinking I could explain the story of our past to her. Instead she asked, "Calum, as in Hood? MY BROTHER?."

I of course was shocked, it seemed like all the friends I had made at this point were somehow tied in with Calum. If made me feel unwanted, like high school all over again. I got nervous in situations like this, I hated the feeling but I had no way of stopping my anxiety.

Mali thought he wanted to talk to me because he liked me, she had no clue he bullied me for 4 years. I didn't have the heart to tell her though, I just excused myself and went to the bathroom. This is a mess, I didn't want any of this in my life again.

While in the bathroom I took time to try and breath, probably not the best place, but at least I felt more relaxed. Should I even text Calum back? What if he still hates me and only wanted to "talk" to beat me up again. I took a deep breath to stop myself from crying and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

To Calum:
When and where?

I typed quickly, what's the harm in seeing what he wanted, there's nothing he could do to me now that he hasn't already done. I knew it was probably a stupid choice that I would regret later but for right now I didn't see the harm. It seemed like days ago that I was in the booth about to see his band play, this reminded me of Luke.

Luke. Should I text him and explain why I left or at least make up an excuse to tell him. I couldn't have him hating me too, I do think that my feelings for Luke could get real. I don't want to throw him away just because I have more Calum drama in my life, I didn't want to be rude. So I texted him.

To Luke: hi Luke, I just wanted to say sorry for running out before I got to see you perform. I was really looking forward to it, hope you did well..

After that I had managed to calm down a little and was ready to face Mali again. When I walked out of the tiny bathroom I saw her on her phone at our table. I walked to the table and sat down and managed a small smile when she looked up at me, I think I should go. It was 10 now so I could just tell her I was tired without having to explain the whole situation.

"So Mali it's getting pretty late, I think I'd better get back to the dorms and ready for classes tomorrow. I'll talk to you later, thanks for dinner this place is amazing!" I said enthusiastically while handing her enough money to pay for my meal. She nodded smiling and stood up to hug me.

"My brother is a good guy," she whispered. "If you ever need anything or anyone to talk to, I'm always here. He hasn't really like anyone in a while, it would be fun if you two got together." She finished and pulled away from the hug. Oh, she still thought he liked me or something. I smiled and nodded before grabbing my phone of the table and heading towards the door.

I got into the parking lot and remembers I hadn't drove her, I also didn't want to be stuck in a car with Mali as she talked about Calum and I dating or whatever. Guess I had to call another cab.. Perfect.

I sat on the curb waiting for the taxi, Mali hadn't left the diner yet but I didn't feel like getting into her business. When the cab finally arrived there was a man in the front seat smiling, it was a gross, creepy smile. He made me feel uncomfortable but I got in anyway and told him my college. Halfway through the ride there I felt my phone buzz in my lap, I picked it up and smiled, seeing it was Luke.

From Luke: hey, the gig went well. And it's okay for u ditching, maybe we could meet before class tomorrow. :)

I smiled down at my phone, thank God he wasn't mad at me for leaving. I typed back a quick "sure" and put my phone down, smiling out the window. The ride back went unbelievably slow but once we finally got to the dorms I payed and jumped out of the car. I needed to sleep, this day had completely worn me out. Calum still hasn't texted back, maybe he didn't mean it when he said he wanted to meet me.

When I got back to my room I found Abbie passed out on her bed, I quickly changed and took my makeup off. My bag was all set for tomorrow and my phone was plugged in, I had nothing to worry about. I collapsed onto my bed and fell into a deep sleep, not waking up until I heard my alarm clock go off in the morning.

Hi!! Thanks so much for reading. This was a bit of a short and boring chapter but it felt weird to include two days in one chapter so I'll be updating again soon! Thanks for 700 reads, your comments and reads mean so much to me so thanks again!!