14.

I passed out on the car ride home, I was exhausted from all the night's activities. I almost got raped by my "crush" and now I was stuck in a car with the person I hated most in the world. Although maybe I did hate him a little less for saving me, how did he hear me when no one else did? I was too tired to ask but my mind was filled with questions as I fell into a deep sleep.

When I woke up again I was lying on a bed that wasn't mine. It took me a minute to realize I had come home with Calum and was currently in a dorm room. I heard two male voices whispering from the other side of the room, I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying but based on their tones, it was probably about me. I rolled over a bit, still only half awake, and saw Calum and Michael talking by the other bed in the room. When Calum saw that I was awake he rushed over to me, Michael following closely behind.

"Elyse, hi you're finally awake. How do you feel? Do you need anything like aspirin or something?" He said quickly. How did he know my head was killing me? I nod my head slowly and tried closing my eyes again but Michael started talking.

"We are so sorry, we had no idea Luke would do that. He's never acted like that before are you sure you're alright?" He says looking down at me. Thinking about what happened tonight made me want to cry all over again, I can't believe I let this happen to me. I nod my head answering his question as Calum hands me water and an aspirin. I only had one drink and already my head feels like it's going to explode, never drinking ever again.

I looked down at my phone to check the time, 3:26, I had to be up in a few hours to get ready for school. I didn't feel like ever getting up, this bed felt so soft, better than mine. It felt awkward to be in a room with Calum but Michael being here made me feel a bit more safe. I don't know why Calum saved me, or how he heard me when no one else did, or why he drove me to his dorm but I had to admit I was grateful. I looked down to see I was still in this stupid tight dress, I wanted it off but I would have to go home to get new cloths.

I carefully sat up and swung my legs over the bed and tried getting up, Michael giggled when I fell back on the bed from these stupid heels. Calum came to help pick me up and steady myself, I shook him off once I was up.

"Thank you for saving me, but I need to get home. This dress is killing me and I really want to sleep, thanks again." I said before heading to the door.

"Wait Elyse, it's not smart to go out there. We haven't found Luke yet, he could be anywhere. Maybe you should just spend the night here and we'll walk you to class in the morning." Calum said. He must have missed the part when I said this dress was killing me. I couldn't spend the night with Michael and Calum that's to weird and risky.

"But I don't have any cloths, I'm exhausted. I don't want to steal one of your beds, I'll just walk to my dorm." I tried to get out of it but Calum went to a dresser and pulled out sweats and a black shirt, handing them to me.

"And don't worry you'll sleep in my bed and I'll sleep in Michael's, he's going over to Yours and Abbie's anyway. You'll be fine." He tried convincing me. It made my stomach tie in knots, a night alone with Calum Hood. There's no way I could handle that not after everything that's happened. Maybe he was just pretending to be nice so I would trust him and then he'd go right back to his high school self. He had to know I wouldn't say yes, he couldn't be that stupid.

"I'm not so su--," I was cut off as Michael slammed the door behind him and I was stuck in the room with Calum. I gulped and help on to the pile of cloths tightly. I needed to get out of this room, it seemed like all the air had disappeared.

"Um I should go get changed, in the bathrooms. Where are they?" I said just above a whisper.

"Don't worry I'll take you." He said simply. I don't trust him at all but I didn't have much of a choice right now. He guided me to the bathrooms, I stayed behind him. When he got there he smiled and stayed against the wall, outside the girls bathroom. I got changed into the huge pair of sweatpants and oversized black shirt, I'm not even that short how are they not fitting me well. Then I went to the mirror and wiped the majority of my makeup off, still leaving some so I don't look like a troll. When I walked out Calum was still leaning against the wall, waiting for me. I smiled at him and let him take us back to his room.

This would be a long night, just me and Calum.. But I planned on just falling asleep as soon as we got there. He opened his door and walked inside leaving me with a decision, I could either run home to Abbie and Michael or I could stay with Calum. In the end I walked inside, following Calum because right now I'm more scared of Luke than anyone else.

Calum had his back to me, he was getting something from his dresser so I slid into his bed and shut my eyes. I heard a thud and a 'shit' causing me to open my eyes to see a shirtless Calum holding his foot in his hand . He turned to me, still hoping his foot, and I saw the amazing abs girls at high school always talked about. I felt bad for staring but... Wow, this muscles would strain as he continued to hold his foot.

"Sorry I stubbed my toe on the bed, you can go back to sleep." He said whispering. I almost laughed at him but decided to turn around. Time passed with no sounds except the occasional shuffle of sheets, trying to get comfortable.

"You know you don't have to be scared of me," I heard a whisper from across the room, breaking the silence. " I don't ever want to hurt you again." He finished. I sighed and tried to hold back the tears. I didn't want to answer his question but I did have a few of my own.

"How did you hear me, no one else did. Why did you even save me in the first place." I asked quietly. I heard him move in the bed, probably to face me.

"Okay, listen I'm not as creepy as this is going to sound. I promise." He started. "But I saw you all night, it's like you were everywhere I went. So I saw you with Luke towards the end and I noticed how scared and reluctant you looked, I knew it wasn't right. I followed you up stairs with him and when I heard you screaming I knew I had to help you. I'm not a bad guy anymore, I swear it." He finished.

"I went through 4 years of your constant abuse, you expect me to just forgive you all the sudden." I said rudely. I heard him sigh, he knew I was right.

"I did, I know I shouldn't but I did. Elyse I've never regretted anything more in my life than those years I hurt you. I wanted to try and make it up to you but I guess it's not working. Just know that I'd take it back in a heartbeat and I would never hurt you like that ever again." He said. I let a tear roll down my face and I sniffed. I hated crying in front of him and I don't really know why I was crying right now but I was.

In my state of sadness I felt the bed dip beside me, I stiffened and ended up crying even harder. He put his arms around me, slowly, and I let him embrace me. I needed some comfort and he was an amazing cuddler. We stayed like that until I fell asleep, spooning and him trying to calm me down. I felt safe in his arms which is something I never thought I'd say and for once I wasn't afraid of Calum Hood.