19.

I was a little confused but mostly upset at Calum's lame attempt to lie to me. My mind was everywhere, thinking of possibilities to where he could be right now but instead of acting like a crazy girlfriend I stopped myself. Why should I care if Calum was out with some other girl, it's not like we were dating. I still couldn't help the small pang of jealousy that came at the thought of him with someone else.

I decided that staying locked up in my dorm all night wouldn't help so I thought I should take a walk around campus. I had finished all my homework and put everything away before grabbing my phone and heading out the door. The walk was a long, peaceful one. There were still kids running around and talking too loud to each other but other then that all you could hear was the ruffle of leaves. The sun was just starting to set, casting an orange tint to cross the sky.

My walk gave me time to think, to clear my head, by the time I was heading back to my dorm it was dark and I felt so much better. Most of my stress had flown away and I was tired from walking, meaning I could sleep easier. Abbie wasn't there when I walked in so I quickly changed and jumped into my bed. I was happy to escape reality for the few hours I would be asleep, and with that U set my alarm and went to bed.

The next day:

I woke up in the morning to an empty dorm room, Abbie was still out, but I didn't mind. I pulled myself out of bed and walked to the restrooms across the hall, I walked in on a couple of girl's conversation.

"So last night I texted Calum to come over 'cuz Annie would be out of the dorm. He came over and it was honestly so amazing, the best time yet. He stayed the night but he was gone when I woke up." One girl boasted. The other girl gasped and congratulated her friend before they both started walking towards me. I noticed the brunette, she was the one Calum had brought to the gig that first night.

I rolled my eyes at them once they were behind me and made my way to the toilets. Once I had finished washing my face, and hands, brushing my teeth, and using the bathroom I trudged back to my dorm room. I noticed in the hallway that the door was cracked open, I always leave it closed. I walked in, cautiously, only to see Calum sitting on my unmade bed.

"Finally, where were you? I've been here for like 30 minutes." He exaggerated. I rolled my eyes, already annoyed by him, and walked over to my makeup bag. Calum continued to try and make conversation but I wasn't having it, I continued looking in the mirror and applying concealer. After a while of silence Calum came behind me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist.

"So how was it with you and Mali last night?" I asked, pulling away from his grip. I watched as his eyes look up at the ceiling, clearly ready to lie. I stood smirking a little at him.

"Uh.. It was great actually, we just talked a bit." He lied. He was still avoiding eye contact so I decided to interrogate him a bit more.

"So what did you talk about?" I asked him. He looked at me, probably surprised I kept this going. He coughed a little before looking back up at the ceiling.

"Oh, you know just family type.. Stuff." He stuttered. I smiled at him, almost laughing at how bad of a liar he was.

"Huh. Family type stuff. That does sound like fun." I said sarcastically. It took everything I had not to yell at him for lying to me and for going to that girls last night but I contained myself. I would just tell him in a nice way, so he doesn't think I'm creepy and really care about it.

"You're the worst liar, you know? I knew you went to that one girl's dorm after you left here. I'm not stupid." I said, probably sounding so bitter. Calum's eyes widened as his gaze met mine, I was just smiling up at him. He made a sound like he was chocking before looking back at me.

"Um.. I don't really know what I'm supposed to say." He said looking at the ground. I rolled my eyes at him and went over to my dresser, picking some cloths out.

"You know I don't care, right? We aren't dating, it's obvious you don't really have feelings for me so it's fine." I said, trying to stop from breaking in a mixture of anger and sadness. I don't know why I wanted him to only like me but I did.

"No, no Elyse! You don't understand, I do have feelings for you.. I don't know why..." He began but I cut him off by pushing him lightly out of the door. I had to get changed anyway, perfect timing.

"Get out, I have to change. It's okay if you don't like me, I already said I don't care." I lied. I managed to close the door on him and get changed and ready for classes. When I was done getting ready I grabbed all my stuff and walked out the door.

Not going to lie, I was expecting Calum to be waiting outside the door for me, ready to beg for my forgiveness. Instead I was greeted with an empty hallway. I made my way slowly to my classes, I didn't feel like getting coffee today and just walked straight to English.

When I walked in Mali was sitting in her usual seat, playing on her phone. I walked up the small stairs and plopped down next to her, sighing in relief from standing. Mali put her phone down and looked at me with happy eyes, it made my mood brighten a little, one of the many things I love about Mali. I could tell she was about to tell me a story and I sat, giving her my full attention.

"Well I told you how I was out with Ben last night, right. This was our 2nd date and at the end he walked me back to the dorms and before I went in he kissed me and asked me to be his girlfriend!" She said really fast, at the end she started squealing and jumping a little in her seat. I smiled at her and told her how lucky she was to actually have a boy genuinely like her. She looked at me and smiled.

"You'll find someone soon, maybe love is closer than it seems." She said right before the bell rang and class started.

THANK YOU SOO SOO MUCH FOR 2K READS!! I love when you guys read and vote and comment on my story, it actually makes me so happy! Thank you again, so much!!