25.

My alarm clock woke me up in the morning, it's screeching filled the small room. I quickly turned it off and rolled out of bed, slowly getting ready. When I was all ready I started my journey to my first class.

My day started off pretty uneventful, it wasn't until my philosophy class that something interesting happened. My old teacher was no where to be seen, there was talk around the class that we were getting a permanent substitute. I found my seat towards the middle of the classroom and waited for the lesson to begin.

The bell hadn't rung yet when I saw Luke walk through the door. He hadn't been to class since the night at the party, it felt odd to see him especially after McDonalds. He sat in a seat rows ahead of me and waited quietly for the teacher to come.

The bell rang with still no signs of a teacher and the rest of the class was starting to get kind of rowdy. Luke oddly stayed in his seat, not taking part in the other kids' games.

Suddenly a man burst through the door; he was panting, sweating, and clutching a cup of coffee. He was a pudgy, middle aged man wearing an obscenely tight shirt. His mouth was set in a slightly crooked way and you could see the brown roots through his dyed jet black hair.

I could tell instantly that I would like him, his round face and the crinkles by his eyes from his smiles made his seem like a kind person.

"Sorry kids," he said in a high voice, "But I'm Mr. Way, I'll be your long term sub."

He slowly walked over to his desk and sat right down on top of it, giving out an exhausted sigh before beginning roll call.

"So Mr. Way, did you run all the way here from your apartment." Luke suddenly retorts to a still exhausted Mr. Way.

"No actually, I walked across campus. I'm just a little bit out of shape I guess." He said, wiping a bit of sweat from his forehead.

Luke stayed quiet for a while until after Mr. Way's interesting speech about Aristotle. His good nature and charming smile instantly engaged the whole class, he was already one of my favorite teachers.

Luke's hand shot up.

"Yes, Mr. Hemmings." Mr. Way replied in an annoyed tone.

"Did you know those skinny jeans give you a muffin top?" Luke replies with a small smirk. I rolled my eyes at Luke's comment, like most of the class.

"Hey Mr. Hemmings, did you know that you have detention with me after class today?" A small, crooked smile appeared on his face. The class all 'oohed' while Luke slid down into his seat. Mr. Way looked over to me and gave me a small wink before turning back to the bored.

Luke stayed quiet the rest of class and before I knew it the bell was ringing to end class. I gathered my things and walked out the door to be greeted by Calum. He smiled at me before grabbing my books from my hand and carrying them for me.

He walked with me until he had to get to his next class, he gave me my books and kissed me goodbye. I smiled as I walked outside to quickly get to my next class.

As I was walking I saw someone leaned against the brick wall to the building, there was smoke in a halo above is head. I instantly recognized it to be Luke and tried to hurry past him, with my head down.

"Hey there babe." He said in a low, seductive voice. He turned to face me and blew his chemical-ridden smoke into my face. I coughed and turned my face to the side, I felt his toned arm reach around my shoulder.

"Excuse me." I heard a familiar voice call from behind. I turned to see Mr. Way standing behind me with a cigarette dangling from the side of my mouth. My respect for Mr. Way took a sudden drop, I push Luke's arm off my back.

"Mr. Hemmings, did you know smoking is bad for you." Mr. Way said, cocking an eyebrow at Luke.

Luke scowled, rolling his eyes before walking back inside.

Mr. Way looked at me with sad eyes before saying,"Could you please leave while I do this? You shouldn't be getting hurt by something that I choose to subject myself to."

I walked inside, thinking to myself. I've never felt so much respect towards an older person. Mr. Way was already starting to grow on me.

DOUBLE UPDATE. Creds to @hesitant_slaylien16 for bringing Mr. Way to life. This is our own take on Gerard Way, we were experimenting. Tell us if you like him! Thanks for reading as always, I love talking to you guys in the comments!!