one ✔

(Hello lovely people out there! Er, welcome to my first story 😊 Please vote and comment if you like it and I'd like to warn you that there are some, well LOTS of sexual scenes in this story. Be aware. Also the chapter is a bit short but it's the first one so don't expect 5k words or something x)

(Change of cast: 12/18)The character of Lola is played by Bridget Malcolm.

~~

It's your laugh that had me trapped. Now I'm stuck inside and I don't want to get out.

~~

I stood in the long line, waiting for the cashier to stop being such a slope and get over with the fifteen other costumers in front of me-yes I actually counted them. I huffed and someone behind me chuckled. I turned around with a glare to meet the sharp looks of a brown-haired guy in a sharp navy suit. He's holding a simple small pack of strawberries and a bottle of wine.

"Brent hates his job. Not surprised if he keeps the line going for the whole afternoon." He spoke slowly, letting each letter out with a caress, and the accent was delicious.

"If he hates his job, why doesn't he just quit, for fùck's sake!" I sighed and the guy-in-the-sharp-suit laughed. I felt tingly for a moment, the sound was so throaty and hoarse like he'd been smoking until his lungs burnt.

"What's the hurry for?" He cocked his head to the side and I got a glimpse of an earring winking from his ear. A guy in a suit with an earring? What's next, tattoos?

"Had a long day, and glad it's over." I mumbled and turned around, feeling like I wanted to pull my own hair out for finding that the line actually might go on for the whole afternoon. "Oh Jesus Christ, this is taking a lifetime."

"Might want to stop whining. He could hear you and make it worse." Again, his accent was fantastic. Might be worth the wait after all.

"Since we're stuck, why don't you tell me your name?" I smiled at his question and he smiled back, but his smile might've been a bit mischievous. If it weren't for the suit, I'd have said this was one of those players that leave you melting against the sheets from satisfaction. He's got big hands, and could be a God in the sac for all I know. My frustration was making my thoughts head where they shouldn't.

I had yet to answer his question, and so he offered: "Louis Tomlinson." He stretched his hand and I felt intimidated when my whole palm disappeared in between his. His hand was warm.

"Deloris Sumner, but just call me Lola." My tone came out like a warning and he smirked. I narrowed my eyes, waiting for him to be a very un-smart guy.

"Born with the wrong name?"

"Something like that." I still hated my grandma for even suggesting that name in the first place. What the hell had she been thinking?

We chatted briefly as the line finally started to go forward. I got to know he's an architect, and he tried to hide his wonder at why a twenty-four-year-old woman would work as an unpaid intern when I graduated and got my degree. I dodged the question with another one and he noticed, but didn't push. He told me that he's trying to stock his fridge because he just moved out from his old apartment to a new one.

I finally stood in front of the grouchy Brent and he glared at me while doing his job. Louis was smiling behind me when Brent snatched the credit card from my hand and muttered something about "spoiled daddy's girl".

Seriously? What bug crawled up his ass today. I wanted to snarl at him, but refrained.

I took my groceries and rolled my eyes at the grumbling cashier. If it wasn't the best store in the neighborhood, I wouldn't have bothered to deal with the attitude.

"Lola!" I stopped and caught Louis making his way over to me. I tried not to stare, but miserably failed He's tall--not much, though--and absolutely gorgeous, and I took the chance to perv over him in my mind as he crossed the street. His hair blew with the wind and beneath his suit jacket, his shirt stuck to his skin to reveal the tiniest hint of a tattoo.

My mouth twisted wryly; first the earring and now the tattoo. Definitely a player.

"You got a car?" I startled at the question and nodded. "My apartment is near though. Just two blocks away."

He frowned thoughtfully. "Mine is close, too. How about we walk, then?" I nodded warily and started to walk. He walked beside me silently and I took the time to admire the sights in LA.

I never dared dream of moving here, but after I graduated and after my father's career took off, I decided that it was time I lived away from my parents. No bad reason really, just a passion for independence. And back then, I thought I'd have much better to do than be an intern.

We stopped in front of the building and Louis's eyes widened fractionally before he chuckled and shook his head, eyes twinkling with mirth.

"What?" I asked, uneasy.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing. Just..." he made a gentleman sweep of his arm towards the building and smiled "It was pleasure to meet you. I'll see you around."

I frowned, not understanding what he meant. Did he mean because his building was near here? Oh well, I shrugged and got inside, greeting Derek, our security guy. I took the elevator and stood in the small space, wondering again why he was so sure I'd see him around again. Did he mean at the Supermarket?

I unlocked my apartment and let myself in, putting the groceries on the counter and slipping my heels off. I was so ready to call it a day.

***

I was lounging on the couch, eating Ben and Jerry's--my best mistake--and sipping a diet coke when my mail arrived. I sighed and went to open the door, smiling briefly at the mailman before taking the envelopes and shutting the door.

I flip through them--electricity, rent, phone, water, and dry clean--and stopped at a white envelope with no name, putting the others down on the table. I eyed it curiously before ripping it open.

There was a tucked paper made of rough texture that smelt like mint. I bit my lower lip and unfolded it, reading the simple words with wide eyes.

I had a good time getting to know you, thanks to grouchy Brent.

Can't wait for the next time.

Your new neighbour,

Louis.

So that's why the bastard was so sure we'd meet again. I growled, not sure if I was actually angry...or about to find out where my neighbor was.

[Edited]