thirteen

Please vote and comment and let me know what you think? Thank you for 1.3K omfg I still can't believe it.

Dedicated to Stonedstyles bc idk really I just like her and she's probably the only writer I like here...aside from someone else but oh well.

Lol sorry bc this chapter is a little short.

..

It was after midnight when Lola had fallen asleep after...everything. I stayed awake long enough to text Charlotte a goodnight and not to wait for me and then I left her room, preferring to sleep on the couch in case she wakes up angry and frisky even.

I knew and dreaded that at some point in the middle of the night I had come to realize that it wasn't about pride or ego, and that it was purely about possession. I didn't want anyone else to touch her and I'll be damned if I let her spend the night with someone else ever again.

We both had to work today and I was thankful that she'd be in NBC preparing a report and it'll probably take us some time to fix the damage and contact Cannon Designs. I don't think I'd establish anything if I were to see her today and I don't think she'd stop burning holes in my head.

But I had to remind myself that Lola was absolutely unexpected. I could believe she's mad but she could be completely otherwise. When I'd expect a livid, short-tempered woman I'd find instead a cute, sexy one. And to say it confuses me is an understatement. I've never been with someone that pushes my buttons and keeps me always worked up as much as her.

I left some time around five and shut the door behind me as quietly as possible. I didn't bother to take my...stuff because frankly I wanted a reason to see her again tonight.

She had turned me to a complete pussy and I hate it. I've never wanted a woman as much as I want her. And she made other women same boring and normal.

"Good morning sleepy head." I woke Lottie around seven and she groaned, burying her face further in her pillow.

"C'mon, little sister," I sang, enjoying her frustration. "Dad wants to see you today."

"Ugh," she groaned, looking at me with unfocused eyes. "What does the old man want?" I flinch at the harshness in her voice and glare at her, to which she darts her eyes away.

In fact, my sister has never forgiven my dad for her childhood, because he was never around enough as he was building his life and empire. He wasn't a bad father, but he didn't stick around long for her to figure out if he was good.

"Charlotte," I sigh, holding her hand. "He was trying to make our life better-"

"Don't you dare defend him!" she snatches her hand away from mine, glowering at me with wounded eyes. "I never asked him to do it. It wasn't fair, Louis. I deserved my father to be with me."

I open my mouth but she bolts out of the bed and leaves me alone to bask in guilt.

I don't think the world's money would be enough for Charlotte to forget it.

***

My father's face twists in disappointment when I step inside his office without Charlotte, but he quickly tucks away the vulnerability behind a mask I know so well. The stern, bored mask.

"Let's get to work, shall we?" the little threatening behind his voice makes me straighten and nod my head, following him to the meeting room where the CEO of Cannon Designs and Starlight's manager sit and wait. I note briefly that Ian and Olivia are sitting at the far end, and Ian's eyes are alight with mischief.