forty

Omf I can't believe it's the LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!!!! wtf I'm getting emotional ;( it's been such fun to write this book and it'll always mean so much to me--with all its flaws--because it's my first book ever! Ugh I still can't believe it though. 

Anywayy, please vote and comment? It's the last chapter people let's show some LOVE! I'M SO CLOSE TO 1K VOTES PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN JKLKDSJFVBJLDKSVNBEIFV 

..

I've come to be a very good friend with Dylan over the past week, and he turned out to be a very sweet, funny guy. He has a sense of humor drier than the Sahara, and the kind of soul that makes you want to know him forever. And he's  loyal to fault. He wants Charlotte like mad, hasn't changed his mind since that night I promised to help him win her back and doesn't seem to want to change his mind at all. We were, actually, about to discover if his surprise could work or not. The hope in his eyes and his voice when we planned his sweet-little-thing for her tugged at some parts inside me.

It also made me miss Louis madly, and I was praying every night that he'd take me in his arms again. And well, I had a little thing planned for Louis too. Who said girls couldn't grovel as well?

We were in my apartment, and I left him outside, dressed and nervous, to get dressed myself. We had something big-but-not-so-big planned for Charlotte, and while it was a bit simple to think of, it was hard work to plan. I smiled in this nervous-excited way, praying with all my heart that it would work, that Dylan would get his girl back and I'd get my love back again. 

I wore dark shorts and a white shimmering top, letting my hair down straight, the tips reaching my lower half. I've always hated having my hair so long but for some reason over those past months, I realized I've liked it that way. I put on my long black heels and fixed my makeup, my stomach fluttering nervously as I made my way out. Honestly, I wanted Louis to lose his mind when he'd see me, and hoped that his lust--as well love--for me hadn't vanished. I hoped it'd never vanish at all.

Dylan turned around casually, but froze the moment he saw me. I winked brazenly, but my cheeks were flamed. He whistled lowly, his smile mischievous but the light in his eyes far from inappropriate. "You sure know how to get dressed, girl." He shook his head, laughing. 

I looked at his black slacks and the black half-buttoned shirt and smirked. "Back atcha. Ready to win her back?" 

His lips tilted in a smirk, but there was nervousness in his face, too. "I've never been more ready in my life." 

Dylan and I drove to our location, which thanks to one of my colleagues, was all set. We just had to make sure of how it looked, and then, nerves fried, wait for Charlotte and Louis. Because yes, our location hosts both Lottie's surprise and my small attempt at winning Louis back. 

"Lola!" Ben, my colleague, smiled, walking over to hand me something similar to a panel. "I'm late for somethin' but listen: don't touch the red buttons no matter what. Okay? The red buttons will effectively shut down the whole thing. If you want to soften the lights, go with blue. And press on green if you want more light. The purple button here will start the music and the yellow one's for stopping it. Each button has a number on top of it, and the areas are what I've told you before." 

I nodded, my heart thudding in excitement. 

"I've gotta run, okay?" He started to walk away, yelling again, "Don't touch the red buttons unless you're about to leave!" 

Dylan chuckled. "I'm really nervous now. What time is it?" 

I sighed, he wasn't the only one nervous here. "We have fifteen minutes. C'mon, let's check everything. All well with Lexi?"