sixteen

Boo? I know I suck for neglecting this story for quite a while but I've been focused on writing Australia and studying maths so it's not a good combination.

But here's a new chapter and I hope you like it ^^

Please vote and comment...let me know what you think? Even if you don't like it, just tell me, I don't mind it. I respect all opinions and ofc I know not everyone likes the story.

💋

👇👇

..

I was reviewing my report with editors under Ryan's observation when my phone buzzed on the table, causing me to flush in embarrassment. Mr Ryan just shook his head with a little sigh and motioned for me to answer it. Quickly.

I didn't recognize the number, but answered however. "Hello?"

I was quite startled when the voice answered back, because I hadn't expected this.

"Lola? It's Mr Tomlinson. Look, I need to see you for an emergency. Perhaps...lunch?"

"Uh," fuck I was caught off guard. "Sure. What did you have in mind?" I couldn't exactly be at ease with this guy as he really freaks me out.

"There's a restaurant somewhere close to NBC. It's the one with the blue sign? I'll see you there."

"All right, I'll be there on time." I tried not to let my nervousness show as I said my goodbyes. I put the phone back on the table and tried not to think about it until the time came around.

David Ryan cleared his throat and we went back to our work, but I was slightly distracted. I caught from Mr Tomlinson's tone that the emergency wasn't about work...and that worried me the most. Did he know about me and Louis's exclusive relationship? Was he going to threaten me about it using my career against me?

I forced myself to focus on my job, but my brain drifted away occasionally.

***

I was just entering the restaurant at one sharp when I saw that he was already seated at one of the tables and seemed to be waiting. He stood up when he saw me and kissed my cheek, which made me feel out of depth.

At least he was strangely friendly. Better than aloof.

"I reckon you already know the matter is personal." He murmured, sipping from his water. I can only nod, curious as to what he's to say.

"Do you know why Louis skipped work today?" his question came sharp despite the obvious attempt of being calm.

"He's out with his sister. That's what I know." He looks actually both impressed and disappointed.

"And...do you believe him? I know you are neighbours so I reckon you'd know-"

"Mr Tomlinson," I interrupt, trying to sound calm as I open my gallery and slide my phone in front of him. "I know a few things about your son. He's passionate about work, looks up to you always, and he cares about his family. One of the things I don't know-and don't believe-is him ever lying when it comes to his career."

He looks down at the selfie Louis sent me earlier. It was an adorable picture of him kissing Charlotte's cheek while she playfully scowled at him. His smile was big and her eyes were shining.

He didn't tell me much about his father, but I got the impression that he neglected his family at some point, and that's why he wasn't so close to his daughter.

He slid the phone back toward me and had the grace to look ashamed.

"Mr Tomlinson," I spoke softly, because he looked so...torn? Maybe lost. "It's probably not right of me to interfere, but since you've finally built your empire and everything is fine, why don't you just...hang out with your family? I get the impression that Charlotte loves you." I felt like shit for the last thing I said, and the feeling got worse when his eyes clouded with remorse.