epilogue

I want to thank each and every one of you for the endless support. I'm still grinning like mad and shaking because I actually have over 1K votes here it's just so unreal!! oh and more than 47K reads I'm so happy wtf guys!!!!!

Lola and Louis's journey ends :( but we'll see more of them in Selene ;) And don't forget I'm going to post a book of some EXTRA(%99 smutty, %1 not-so-smutty) scenes from Kinks of Life. It'll be up January along with Selene.

P.S this part is mainly about how they learnt to cope after what happened, and focuses mostly on that night after Lottie's surprise. It'll be in italic bc it's a flashback.

..

Over the past few weeks, Louis and I had become closer to each other than ever before. I think it's mostly because we had nothing to hide now, no channeling emotions or strictly-physical territory anymore. We were lovers and now we still are, but mostly, we're lovers in every way: emotional and physical. I've never wanted someone this much in my life and I've never been consumed with this much love. 

Things were so tentative with us at first, but I'd learned to stay and listen and he'd learned that I would be careful with his heart. I could still remember our first tonight together after we'd gone back together, how everything was so sweet and raw. 

We were driving back to our building, but Lottie and Dylan decided to spend the night at Dylan's. I could tell Louis wasn't very happy about this, but it was his sister's life after all and Dylan had proven to be a good guy. It was just that big-brother thing. However, it didn't effect our night, because once we stood in the elevator, facing each other, I saw the warmth in his eyes, mixed with sweetness and wariness. 

He was still hurt, and I'd do whatever I could to fix it. 

"We can go to my apartment," I offered when the elevator stopped. He was quiet, so I rushed more words. "I mean, if you want..." 

He snorted. "If I want?" He snatched my purse and dug for my keys, smiling secretively. "I do want, but the question is: what is it that I want?" 

My brows knitted in confusion, but there was a flutter in my stomach. He was being playful, but ironically disappointed. He unlocked my apartment and took my hand, taking me inside and shutting the door behind us. The apartment was quiet and dimly lit, a bit messy since I hadn't expected to leave the studio apartment. 

I was feeling anxious, and it made me fumble with words. "I'm sorry it's messy." I blurted out, rubbing my arm nervously. "I didn't think we'd come back here and--" 

"Lola," he whispered my name earnestly, standing straight in front of me, lifting my chin to meet his sweet eyes. "It's me, Lola. It's just me, Cherry." 

I nodded, but tears stung my eyes. I couldn't stop them, and they fell, hot and rapid down my cheeks. He said nothing, just gently wiping them away before cradling my head to his chest. I would've clawed at him if I could, and I'd crawl inside his body and never leave. 

I trembled. "I don't want to lose you." My fear was gnawing at me. 

"You won't. I'm not going anywhere," he said simply. "It's okay to make mistakes, Cherry, but don't go breaking my heart like this." 

"I won't. I couldn't. Not anymore." I spoke fervently, sniffling as I looked up at him. His smile could light up New York city, but it was only for me. I noticed he was searching his pockets for something, and laughed so hard when he wiped my nose with a tissue.