Chapter seventy-five

Brea and Edward walk into the Cullen's house.

"Wow! Done already?" Emmett asked.

"Where's the twins?" Brea asked.

"Blondie and Bella have them," Jacob said, looking out the window

Brea walked over to Jacob and joined him....she noticed how happy Bella and Rosalie looked playin with the twins, and not far from them stood Leah and Seth.

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett asked.

"Emmett. No," Brea smiled.

Suddenly the home phone started ringing....which caused everyone to go quiet.

Brea turned and looked at the phone, watching it ring.

"I-Is that my dad?" Brea asked.

"He's been calling since Sam told my dad you were dead," Jacob sighed.

"He's in pretty rough shape," Edward said.

"I-uh we can do it tomorrow," Brea replied.

Emmett jumped to his feet and clapped his hands.

"I'm gonna miss this place," Emmett said.

"We'll come back, we always do," Carlisle replied.

"Wait, nobody said anything about leaving....what about Bella? you can't just leave her," Jacob said.

"Once people believe that Brea's dead ....we can't risk anyone seeing her," Carlisle sighed.

"Trust me....I don't wanna leave Bella, but I need to protect my family," Brea mumbled.

"She is your family...so you're just going to leave? disappear forever?" Jacob asked.

"Jacob, we don't have another choice," Edward sighed.

Jacob scrunched up his face and stormed out....rushing to Bella's side.

***********
                                                  Bella and Jacob stand in front of Brea and Edward....but looking rather upset.

"Look, we solved the problem. You were leaving, what did you expect us to do?" Jacob asked.

"You don't realize what you've done! You've put Charlie in danger! The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us," Brea frowned.

"We didn't tell him about you, just me. I only said you were different," Jacob said.

"And that we have a niece and nephew, who've we adopted," Edward frowned.

"I mean seriously, Bella! Jacob! he's not just gonna let this go," Brea snapped.

"Do you both understand the physical pain you'll be putting Brea through? It'll be like sticking a white hot branding iron down her throat, and that's assuming she'll keep her thirst under control," Edward frowned.

"Look, Charlie's been in hell, and we all know you'd be much happier with him in your life...if I can be around you, so can he," Bella spoke up.

"Jacob, Bella...don't try and pretend you did this for her, you both only did this for yourselves," Edward scoffed.

Bella looked over at Brea...waiting for her to step in, but all Brea did was looked away.

"I'm really sorry Brea. I really am, but just know he's going to be here in about 10 minutes," Jacob whispered.

"WHAT?!" Brea yelled.