Chapter twenty-six

Brea laid in bed, sick..... Her body was on fire, bones were aching.

"Something doesn't feel right," Brea mumbled, grabbing her stomach.

Bella opened her door, and noticed she wasn't dressed for school.

"Brea? Are you okay?" Bella asked.

"N-No! I'm dying of illness," Brea groaned.

"DAD!" Bella called out.

Suddenly Charlie appeared in Brea's room, sitting on her bed.

"My God Brea! You are burning up," Charlie sighed.

"Dad I'm dying," Brea groaned, grabbing her stomach.

"Brea, honey! You aren't dying," Charlie laughed.

"You are just sick, so no school for you! Until you feel better," Bella said.

Brea sat up and tried climbing out of bed, but Charlie pushed her back down.

"No! Lay down, get some rest," Charlie said, quickly getting up.

"Someone has to stay and make sure she's okay," Bella sighed.

"I'll call in, you go to school!" Charlie smiled.

Both walked out of Brea's room...leaving her there speechless.

Brea laid in bed staring at the ceiling, waiting for time to pass by. She soon grew thirsty. Brea climbed out of bed...stumbling over her feet, she started walking down the stairs...her father's voice filled the kitchen, as if he was on the phone again.

"She's really sick, her body is literally on fire...I may have to take her in," Charlie said.

She walked into the kitchen, walking over to the sick... grabbing a glass of water.

"Hone? How are you feeling?" Charlie asked.

"Dad, I feel like I'm dying...something doesn't feel right," Brea sighed.

Suddenly she grew hungry...hungry for something she never craved for. Meat.

Brea opened the fridge and pulled out some lunch meat, shoving it into her mouth.

"I'm taking you in!" Charlie said.

"Dad! I'm fine," Brea replied.

"You are a vegetarian! You've never liked meat, why now?" Charlie asked.

"I don't know, but it taste so good," Brea sighed, shoving more sliced lunch meat into her mouth...her mouth watered.

Charlie pulled the phone to his ear and continued to talk.

"There's definitely something wrong with her, she's eating lunch meat," Charlie said.

"D-Dad, who are you talking to?" Brea asked.

Charlie froze... looking at her.

"No one! Honey, why don't you go lay on the couch...I want to keep an eye on you," Charlie smiled.

Brea nodded and walked into the living room, laying down. Slowly drifting off.

After a couple of long weeks, Brea was feeling a little better.... She walked into the kitchen to see Bella on the phone.

"Jacob. Please. Call me," Bella sighed, leaning her forehead against the phone.

Charlie soon walked in, with his fishing gear.

"Harry and I will be back around three," Charlie smiled, placing a hand on both of the girls shoulders.

"Bella, It's mono," Brea said.

"He's too sick to even call?" Bella asked, sadness filled her voice.

"You just got to wait it out! You know, I don't have to go fishing," Charlie sighed.

"No, go! I'll call Jess or someone," Bella smiled.

"Good! You both stay here or at Jess's. No hikes or anything. We're issuing a warning about those bears," Charlie said.

Both girls nodded, waving goodbye to their dad.

"C-Can I take you somewhere?" Brea asked.

"But he just said not to leave," Bella frowned.

"Please! It won't take long," Brea smiled.

Bella nodded then sighed, knowing it was a bad idea.