Chapter twenty

Brea pulled up to her house on her bike, she sighed in sadness due to Edward not showing up.

"Brea," Edward said.

Brea turned to look at him, she smiled.

"Edward! You're here," Brea said, running towards him.

"Walk with me?" Edward asked, with a blank expression.

Brea walked closer to him, Edward gently took her hand and guided her towards the woods...they both stopped next to a broken tree, a couple of hundred feet from her house.

"We need to leave Forks," Edward said.

"What? Why?" Brea asked.

"It's time! Carlisle's supposed to be ten years older than he looks, people will start to notice," Edward replied.

"But when?" Brea asked.

"Now!" Edward sighed, looking away from her.

"I-I'll have to think of something to tell Charlie and Bella, but I can be ready," Brea said.

"Not you! Me and my family," Edward snapped.

"What? No! Edward, what happened last night was nothing.... it was my fault if anything," Brea sighed.

"Nothing compared to what could happen! You just don't belong in my world anymore," Edward growled.

"I belong with you!" Brea snapped, standing her ground.

"No. You don't!' Edward yelled.

"I'm coming!" Brea growled, anger grew inside of her.

"Brea! I don't want you!" Edward screamed.

Brea took a step back... his words stung.

"You...don't want me?" Brea asked, holding back the tears.

"No!" Edward growled.

"Oh...okay, I understand," Brea whispered.

"I'd like to ask one favor," Edward said.

"Anything," Brea replied, hoping he'd change his mind.

"Don't do anything stupid or reckless...d-do you understand? For Charlie's and Bella's sake. Just please take care of yourself," Edward sighed.

"I-I okay," Brea whimpered.

"Don't worry! You're human, time will heal all wounds for your kind. Particularly if you aren't reminded," Edward said.

"N-no, this is....please don't go," Brea cried.

"Try to understand! Every second with you is about restraint. You're too fragile. I'm tired of pretending to be something I'm not, reining myself in so I can be with a human," Edward said coldly.

"Take my soul away. Do whatever...but please don't leave me," Brea whispered.

"Brea! You're not good enough for me! You never will!" Edward snapped.

Brea looked at him...tears falling down her face.

"I've let this go on for too long. I'm sorry," Edward sighed.

Edward took a step closer to Brea.....Brea took a step back, not wanting to believe he was leaving.

"I promise, it will be as if I never existed. Goodbye, Brea," Edward said.

Brea fell to the ground, sobbing.

"Please don't leave me," Brea cried.

"I'm sorry," Edward whispered, rushing away in a blink of an eye.

Brea looked up...seeing that Edward was nowhere in sight.

Pure sadness and anger rushed over her.... her body began to shake violently, and soon it started to ache.... as if every bone in her body was breaking.

Brea screamed out in pain, not knowing what was happening to her....

Brea stood up and started running...

"EDWARD!?" Brea yelled, scared of what was happening.

Brea ran so fast and so hard...she tripped, smacking her head on the ground, knocking herself out.

Hours later....it was dark and raining.

Brea woke up to someone carrying her.... She looked around and groaned out in pain.

"Oh My God! Brea!" Bella cried out.

"B-Bella?" Brea mumbled.

"She hit her head pretty hard! Found her passed out," A deep voice said.

"Thank you, Sam. Thank god!" Charlie said.

Brea looked around.... Seeing practically the whole town at her house.

Charlie grabbed Brea from Sam and carried her in the house.

"What the hell were you thinking, Baby? Why were you out there?" Charlie asked.

Suddenly Brea started to sob in his shoulder.

"H-He's gone....He left," Brea cried.

Charlie laid Brea on her bed...and covered her up.

"Dad, I'll stay with her," Bella said, crawling onto the bed with her crying sister.

Brea cried all night, while Bella held her tight...hating the guts of Edward Cullen.