Chapter twenty-three

"I'm not sure! But we'll figure it out, together," Bella said.

"H-He was supposed to protect me! He's supposed to be here, helping me figure this out," Brea cried.

"Brea, He's not coming back....and I'm so sorry, you are in pain.. Especially since he thought he was protecting you. I will say this! I won't leave you, not now or ever," Bella replied.

They quickly pulled up to their house, Bella turned off the truck but sat in the same spot...turning to face her sister.

"Whatever you are..... Monster or not, I will love you," Bella smiled.

Brea wiped away her tears and looked at her sister.

"W-What if he comes back and sees that I'm some kind of monster... how will he expect me?" Brea asked.

"Brea, He loved you not because you were human, but because he saw something in you..no one else saw," Bella said.

Brea smiled...feeling a little better.

They both climbed out of the truck and walked towards the house.

"You want to have a girl's night?! We can watch whatever movie you want," Bella smiled.

"You mean that?" Brea asked,

"Of course!" Bella laughed.

"Coyote ugly!" Brea smiled.

Bella laughed... and both girls quickly rushed inside, and jumped over the couch.

Having a movie night.
                                                                         ********************

Brea raced through the woods, searching desperately. She turned and found Edward a few yards away, his face cold. She took a few step toward him...he bolted away, suddenly twenty yards away.

"I left and you've become this monster! I could never love you, you reek of beast," Edward growled.

"Edward? How do I reek of a beast?" Brea asked.

Edward looked turned to look and something, Brea followed his eyes and saw a huge yellow wolf emerge from behind a huge tree...it's fur was so yellow many could mistake it for gold. Brea looked closer and noticed it's eyes were a mixture of blue and gold...something you see out of a story.

"Is this the beast, you speak of?" Brea asked.

Edward nodded.

Suddenly Edward rushed towards Brea and grabbed her by the throat, growling and hissing..... but stopped pulling away, he looked into her scared eyes and frowned.

"I-I'm sorry, for everything," Edward sighed.

                                                                                    *******************

Brea felt her body shake and sudden tears rolled her face...she felt someone shake her, she opened her eyes and saw Bella and Charlie standing over her.

"You're alright, Brea! It was just a dream," Charlie sighed.

Charlie leaned over her and ripped off the dreamcatcher, throwing it away.

"That's not working very well," Charlie said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I-I haven't had a bad dream in awhile, but this wasn't much of a bad dream. It felt so real," Brea replied, looking over at Brea.

"I know what it's like, you know. When your mom left me, I had one hell of the time. Imagined doing all kinds of crazy things, just to stop the pain," Charlie mumbled.

Brea avoided eye contact with him.

"But hanging out with Jacob seemed to help get your mind off some things," Charlie smiled.

"Yeah...he's a good friend," Brea said.

"That's good! He's a great guy," Charlie replied.

Charlie stood up and walked out of the room...Bella poked her head out the door and watched Charlie walk into his room.

"Tell me what the dream was about!" Bella said.

"It was about Edward and a Wolf," Brea shrugged.

Bella gave her a confused expression.

"I think I was the wolf....but I was also standing there like you standing here, it was as clear as day," Brea sighed.