Chapter fifty-two

Brea opened her eyes and sat up quickly....grabbing her head, trying to forget about the horrible dream she had. A hand gently touched her shoulder.... causing her to jump.

"Brea? What is it?" Edward asked.

"The intruder, the newborn army, they're all her puppets.....Victoria," Brea sighed.

"Alice would have seen if she wanted to make an army," Edward said.

"As I've said before she's hiding behind them and she's letting someone else decide. But unlike her I won't be hiding behind anyone.... especially not you, I don't want to hide while you and your family are taking risks for me," Brea replied.

"If it is Victoria, then I want to keep you as far away from the fight as possible," Edward sighed.

"W-What? I can fight! I was able to throw you to the ground! I am able to shift into a wolf.... I can do what other humans can't," Brea frowned.

"We won't need your help. It's an easy win with the wolves on our side," Edward replied.

"No not an option!" Brea said, walking over to her dresser and grabbed some clean clothes.

"What do you mean not an option?" Edward asked.

"Either it's so dangerous that I have to hide or it's so easy that you're gonna be sidelined. So which is it?" Brea questioned, crossing her arms.

"It's dangerous for you. Easy for us," Edward smirked, walking up to Brea.

"I think it's dangerous for us to be apart. How many times must we prove that to one another? I'll be worrying.... you must definitely will be worrying and that's when we'll be at the most vulnerable," Brea said.

"Okay, you're right!" Edward replied.

"So, I'm coming with you!" Brea ordered.

"No! We'll both stay away together... with your sister of course," Edward smiled.

"I can't make you choose between me and your family..... it's unfair to them," Brea said.

"It's the only way I can protect you.... so I must stay with you," Edward replied.

"If you want to protect me then let me fight!" Brea sighed.

"No! Not an option!" Edward smirked.

Brea turned on her heels and walked out of her room.... quickly getting dressed.

"Brea!" Bella said from behind.

"Yes my dearest sister!" Brea replied.

"Jacob is meeting you and Edward at the fighting grounds.... and I'll be with him," Bella smiled.

"Are you and Jacob a thing?" Brea asked, rather curious.

"I-It's complicated," Bella shrugged.

"As much as I hate his guts.... I must say, I'm glad that you are finally happy," Brea smiled.

"Thank you," Bella smiled.

                    ******************

"You aren't fighting? Awe did you pull a muscle?" Jacob smirked.

"He's doing it for me! Okay?" Brea frowned.

"Whatever, just tell me the plan," Jacob said.

"Edward, Bella and I are going on a campsite, but even if he carries me they'll be able to pick up mine and Bella's scent.... so we are gonna need you to carry us instead," Brea replied.

"Your stench, however....is revolting," Edward smirked.

"Dude! You really don't wanna start comparing stinks," Jacob growled.

"Ugh what he mean is that your scent will mask mine if you carry me.... but if not I'll find someone else," Brea sighed.

"Fine. I'll do it!" Jacob said.

"This is not a good idea," Edward frowned.

"Edward, they won't wanna get anywhere near his odor," Jasper replied.

Jacob gracefully picked up Brea.... and started running off towards the woods.

"So are you gonna ask me to sit out of the fight too, or don't you care about my safety?" Jacob asked.

"I mean I do care.... but it's not like you are gonna listen to what I have to say," Brea said.

"I won't have much of a choice anyway.... Since I let Sam be alpha male, I gotta live with the shots he calls," Jacob frowned.

"You let him be alpha?" Brea asked.

"I didn't wanna be in the pack, let alone be it's leader," Jacob said.

"Wow! Jacob Black.... chief Jacob!" Brea laughed.

"Opted out, but every choice has its consequences. Some more than others," Jacob smiled.

"Everybody makes choices, you're gonna have to accept mine!" Brea said.

You can love more than one person at a time....I've seen it, with Sam and Leah and Emily.... and now I'm seeing it now between you, me and Bella," Jacob replied.

"Um whatever you say.... besides I'm not technically a wolf. I can't imprint nor do I want too," Brea sighed.

"It has nothing to do with imprinting. It has to do with feeling something for somebody and I know you feel sometimes for me..... I can sense how I make you feel. Physically. I make you nervous," Jacob said.

"No. You make me uncomfortable," Brea thought.

"I do feel something for you. I love you as a best friend and I love you as a brother," Brea replied.

Jacob gently set Brea down.... and started to lean in for a kiss, Brea took a step back.

"Jake," Brea frowned.

"Don't worry, I promised I wouldn't kiss you again until you asked," Jacob sighed.

"You will most definitely be keeping that promise for a very long time," Brea said.

Jacob shook his head...knowing she was right.