Chapter forty-five

Brea and Bella were sitting in Edward's car....while he sped down a road, he turned a sharp corner and Jacob was standing on the side of the road. Shirtless.
"Doesn't he own a shirt?" Edward asked, climbing out of the car.

"Apparently not," Brea sighed.

"I think he looks good," Bella smiled, walking over to Jacob...who pulled her into a hug.

"I guess...I'm good here, you need to go hunt," Brea said.

"I won't be long," Edward replied.

"Don't rush! You need to feed," Brea smiled.

Edward pulled Brea in for a kiss.....it was short but sweet, leaving them both wanting more.

Brea walked over to Jacob and Bella, who were both looking at each other.

"So what are we doing tonight?" Brea asked.

"We are going to a party," Jacob smiled, turning to look at Brea.

They all three piled into Jacob's car and drove away.....Brea sat in the back, staring out of the window.

"Are you sure this is okay? We don't like being the party crasher," Bella said.

"Well technically you both are crashing a council meeting," Jacob laughed.

"So then we definitely shouldn't be going," Brea replied, leaning over the seat.

Suddenly they pulled up to Jacob's house, the Swan sisters saw people crowding around a fire.

"So, the council leaders are...Dad, Quil's grandpa and Sue Clearwater. Sue took over after Harry died," Jacob said, pulling both girls close as they walked closer.

Brea grew rather uncomfortable......being so close to Jacob.

"I don't think I should be here," Brea sighed.

"You're okay. I thought....I mean they thought it would be it would be good for you....the both of you to hear about our history," Jacob said.

"The histories? The tribe's histories? But aren't they suppose to be secret?" Brea asked.
"We've all got a role to play, you both are a part of this now," Jacob smiled.

All of a sudden a young boy came running up towards them.

"Girls, this is Seth Clearwater.....Leah's brother. The newest member of our pack," Jacob laughed.

"Newest! Bestest! Brightest!" Seth smiled.

"And definitely the slowest," Jacob said, playfully grabbing Seth.

Billy whistled....grabbing everyone's attention. Brea, Bella and Jacob sat across from Billy.

"The Quileute have been a small tribe from the beginning. And we've always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors, shifters that transformed to the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe," Billy said.

Brea was fascinated....Jacob turned towards her and watched her.

"Our warrior's sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear ....the cold man was not alone. They were right," Billy said, turning to look at Brea.

Images of a woman killing the Quileute village people appeared in Brea's head.

"This woman took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha's third wife would see what we had lost. She was no magical being, no special power but one. Courage," Billy said, looking from Brea to Bella.

More images flooded Brea's mind....but of an older woman, this woman had stabbed herself in order to save her husband.

"The third wife sacrificed herself by distracting the cold one, just long enough for Taha to destroy her. She had saved the tribe. Over time our enemies have disappeared but only one remains. The cold ones! Our magic awakens when they are near and we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming and we must be ready. All of us," Billy said, looking back at Brea.

The color from Brea's face started to drain....Brea quickly stood up and ran, she was scared. Her body started to shake and soon enough she was on all fours....running as fast as she could.

All of a sudden a female voice appeared in her head...it was warm and soft, Brea knew she could trust her.

"Go to him," The voice thought.

"Who are you?" Brea thought.

"I'm your wolf," The voice thought.