Chapter forty-one

"Okay, well you two play nice....I'm going back outside," Brea replied.

Both nodded.

Brea's mother handed her a perfectly nice wrapped box.

"Mom, you didn't have to!" Brea said.

Brea quickly ripped open the box and laughed when she noticed it was a quilt...of all the strip shirts she use to own.

"This is amazing!" Brea smiled.

"I got one too!" Bella laughed.

"Twinise!" Brea laughed.

"Ah, babies I'm glad you both like them! I just figured you know, when you both get older and you both have kids.... We can maybe add to it. Maybe go visit the world's largest ketchup bottle or something," Their Mother smiled.

"Thank you!" Both girls said, leaning over and pulling their mother in for a hug.

"Now you'll have a piece of me...wherever you go," Their Mother said.

"Mom?" Brea asked, feeling sad all of sudden.

"Yes, honey?" Their Mother asked.

"I've missed you," Brea sighed.

"Oh baby, I've missed you both," Their Mother said.

Brea stood up and noticed the sun starting to set....

"I'm gonna take a walk on the beach, I'll be back soon," Brea smiled, walking towards the beach.

After walking along the beach Brea sat down.... feeling the warm, soft sand against her feet.....she looked up watched the sun disappear. Happiness filled her.

"Brea? You okay?" A familiar voice asked.

Brea turned and saw Edward walking up to her...

"I'm fine! Just enjoying the sunset," Brea smiled.

Brea stood up and hugged Edward, taking in his intoxing smell.

"If we ever do get married, promise to take me to the beach...before I turn," Brea said, looking out at the ocean.

"I promise!" Edward replied.

Brea took one last look at the ocean before looking at Edward....who was gazing down at her.

*************

Brea and Edward sat in the car, after just pulling up in the school's parking lot.

"Did you regret going?" Edward asked.

"No. It was really great seeing my mom! It was just really hard saying goodbye," Brea sighed.

"It doesn't have to be goodbye just yet, you know?" Edward questioned.

"I-Is that why you wanted me to go? You thought I was gonna change my mind?" Brea asked.

"I'm always hoping for that," Edward said.

Suddenly both Brea and Edward turn... to look out the window.

"If I asked you to stay here would you?" Edward asked.

Brea shrugged.

But as Edward climbed out Brea followed behind.

"Of course not!" Edward smiled.

They both walked around a car and saw Jacob standing there....waiting for them.

"Charlie said you and Bella left town, why?" Jacob asked.

"To visit our mom, why?" Brea questioned.

"Glad to see that you are still human," Jacob thought.

"Why wouldn't I still be human?" Brea whispered, as students started to walk around them.

"Look, I'm here to warn you! If your kind comes on our land again...." Jacob snapped, ignoring Brea's question.

"Paul and Emmett had a misunderstanding.....the wolves and my family were after Victoria and things got out of hand, but both are very much okay," Edward thought.

"From what I heard it was a misunderstanding," Brea said.

"Listen to you Brea! Did he lie to you? Or not tell you the whole story?" Jacob asked.

"I'm not stupid Jacob! If you came here to start a fight then you should leave. I know about Victoria! So don't you dare blame Edward," Brea growled.

Brea was ready to fight him....but Edward placed his hand on her shoulder calming her down instantly.

Jacob stumbled back...not prepared on her response.

"Also! Why haven't you called me or Bella?" Brea asked.

"I-I had nothing to say," Jacob sighed, walking away.

"Well, I have tons. Hold on!" Brea called out, following Jacob...but was grabbed by Edward.

"Brea, don't go," Edward sighed, sadness filled his voice.

"Edward, you have to trust me," Brea smiled.

"I do trust you! It's him I don't trust," Edward smirked.

"Well, he won't try anything because I'd kick his ass," Brea laughed, quickly kissing Edward's cheek and rushing off towards Jacob's bike.

While Jacob handed Brea an extra helmet... Edward stood there, anger grew inside of him.

"Hey! Loose the grin wolf boy! We're just going for a ride," Brea said.

"Hold on tight!" Jacob replied, speeding away.